Tonight Ethan and Bella went to a play at Hale Theater, so we got to watch Alvie. He wasn't too keen on being left with us. Too many people eager to help him -
He loves his mom and dad. At one point, when he seemed to come to terms with the fact that his mom and dad were not available to come help him, he reached for me, and that was precious. The kids all did a good job bringing toys and hoping to help him feel happy. Daniel won with the Pokemon ball.I was sure that when Ethan and Bella came back, that Alvie would see them and burst out crying, after trying so hard to be brave all evening. But when he saw them, he didn't cry, he just smiled and was happy. Cute little guy.
I love it, it was a beautiful morning! I wish I could live up here. But, reality calls so I hiked back to the car. Katharine's friend Scarlett came over to play today. They played nicely - coloring in my room.
A little later they came to the basement with me, I painted while they played. I'm working on a pic of the garden tomb from a pic I found of it online - Progression I made today, before:
After
I worked on it for about an hour. It's fun to paint. I wish I had actually visited Jerusalem though so I'd know better what I'm looking at. Someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment