Saturday, July 11, 2026

Abi to the Temple

We had to hurry home all day yesterday from our vacation in Newport California, because we had to get back (and I wanted to hopefully be a bit rested) before Abi went to the temple. Her live endowment was tonight at 7pm. She and I drove out there at 6 in Hyrum's Car (cause Lily took the van and forgot my instructions to be back by 5:30). Corey came out with Hyrum and Wes and Ethan and Bella, who went by our house to drop off Alvie for the girls to babysit while we were all gone. Mel and Christian also came up. We went to the Jordan River Temple and it was a nice session. My parents and Wayne came too, and a surprise visit by Grant and Stephani, who missed the session but were able to do initiatories and meet us in the Celestial room after, so that was fun!

Wayne offered to treat everyone to dinner afterwards and so Abi's choice was for us to go to Mo' Bettah's. The one near Highland Drive and 94th south. Visiting a bit more after we were done eating.

So that was the big highlight from today. We also watched the England vs. France game and that was crazy fun to watch. 6 to 4 final score is nuts. 

And I went on a hike/trail run this morning. We were going to go on a ride, but we went out to get our bikes and their chains are all rusty, doh!!! Turns out that's what sea water will do to aluminum. I guess that's why we didn't see more people riding their bikes on the beach. But the hike was nice. I missed the mountains this week so I was glad to see them this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment