Saturday, July 18, 2026

Lake Catherine

I went on a hike this morning with a neighbor Jess. After doing Cardiff on Thursday, I decided I want to start to get to know other trails in the canyon. Jess has done some of the trail around here and also knows the area cause they are big skiers, so I let her lead the way and she said we should do Catherine's Pass. It was nice and overcast for al most all the hike.

We took that trail up to the pass where we could see Lake Catherine, and then we decided to go hike around that real quick before heading back. It was very pretty!

The Albion basin was covered with wildflowers.

There were a lot of people up and about the basin, and a fair number on the longer hiking trails too. I should have remembered to expect that on a Saturday. It wasn't too badly crowded though.

It was a 7 miles hike and took us 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very pretty! I took lots of photos, looking for landscape inspiration for paintings. 

Yeah, just gorgeous mountains all around. 

Sometimes Jess got ahead of me cause I was taking pics.

Some storm clouds rolled in and there was light rain on our hike back to the car, but it felt really nice. 

While I was gone on the hike, Corey made more coloring pages for Peter and Katharine. I'm getting the biggest kick out of these! They are so fun!

I'm not sure what the inspiration for this one was.

Then, rumor has it they had a little scuffle and Peter hit Katharine, so Corey made a photo and turned Peter into an ogre or troll and had Katharine using her pink powers on him. 

The ogre looked more friendly in the coloring page. 

Well that made Peter sad and he said everyone was laughing at him for being fat and ugly. I didn't know it was supposed to be him, I thought it was just an ogre. I tried to reassure him that "everyone" was not laughing at him or talking bad about him, but he was sad so I did what I do, and I borrowed Daniel's ice cream card and I took him for ice cream. Then he came with me to my sisters house where they were doing a garage sale. Peter picked out some things - some stickers, games and movies.

It was hot and I don't know why I wore a long sleeve shirt... I had to change, so I bought a Twenty One Pilots shirt from my niece and felt much better after changing into that. Jerusha introduced me to Twenty One Pilots last year, and Trees and Ride are two of my new favorites for biking. I also bought some dishes and platters from Jersh, for all the entertaining that I love to do, haha not really, but I have a lot of dishes for my once a year anniversary feast. Other than that it was a chill day. I have a rose on my bush, very happy about each one of these little roses that make it to full bloom without being eaten by the deer. And I'm so glad that my bush isn't dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment