Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Temple & Beach

I didn't do a morning walk to the beach. We all let ourselves sleep in and rest after a fun and long day at Disneyland yesterday. We had a temple appointment at noon and we were all able to make it to that. Corey took this photo after we were done.

And then we stopped a temple goer and asked if she could take a pic of us so Corey could be in it. 
We all went to the temple, even the toddlers. Those who went in did baptisms and confirmations. Corey & Sophi stayed outside to babysit Alvie and ODPK. Sophi's recommend had expired, so that's why she didn't go in. Natalie was one of the first to finish and she went out to help with Alvie. 
Alvie does best with Natalie and Owen. He's not to sure about the rest of us! Taking Alvie for a walk.
Walking around the temple grounds is good for the soul. On the way home, Katharine asked Wesley to hold her hand. Then she said, "Mom, take a picture of us"...
Haha that silly grin. I laughed and now Wesley is grinning. 
Ok, now they are both convincingly pretending to be tired.
So that was our car outing today, then when we got back to the Marriott, Ethan and Bella went to the beach. I decided to go as well. So around 2pm I walked from the room and down to the coast and took a long afternoon walk as far as I could south. It was a pretty busy beach afternoon.
I like to walk in the wet sand. Eventually some rocks stopped my walk, but it was nice. I just walked in silence. Total 5.5 miles, 2 hours. A few photos from Abi of her exploring the hotel with Peter and Katharine today. Seeing the fish.
One of the fish only has one eye and he kept bumping into things on that side of his head.
Surfin' USA. I like the cowgirl boots, Katharine!
When I came back from my beach walk, I found Ethan and Bella at Crystal Cove. 
Some of the kids were there too, others coming soon, so I stayed and we had fun. I didn't get fully immersed today, just got my feet wet. Corey's head got a little bit of sun at the temple, so I gave him my hat. He was there working on Katharine and her fear of the water. 
The rest of the kids were playing in the sand. Wes digging a hole, the boys taking his sand to build a big pile for a scupture. 
Little boys in the water.
The water was really dirty today - lots of seaweed and gunk. They used the seaweed for their scupture.
I think they were going for a Squidward face, some kind of Lava Squidward Mountain.
Lol looks good girls. We stayed for a few hours. Ethan and Bella went back to make dinner for tonight. 
It was a nice beach afternoon.
Back at the room, everyone enjoying dinner while we watched the latest Reckless Ben video released yesterday! He can talk again!
We all got sucked in to this story back at Park City in June, so it was appropriate for us to get caught up on the lego saga together, though we needed to catch Hyrum up on the drama. After that we read scriptures, and kids were starting to fall asleep as we adults kept talking about current events and gospel stuff. 
Now it's time for bed. I was brushing my hair with Natalie when I was reminded of the bruise I discovered last night on my inner arm. 
It's one huge bruise down my whole inner arm, all green and purple and gray (looks a little worse in person that in that pic). I must have gotten this from aboogie board when I was being tossed in the waves on Monday. So we're making memories and getting hurt, but it's not holding us back! Tomorrow will just be another chill-around-the-hotel day, Ethan and Bella fly out tomorrow evening, then we head home Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment