I went over to the fun run to support Daniel and Peter. I think this is my first time ever going to the fun run. I've been set photos in the past by other moms who have gone over and sent me the pic of my kid with their kids, but I can't find any on the blog, so maybe not... Yay for me for going over and supporting my kids and the school this year (though I didn't donate any $).
Katharine is sad cause they don't have enough cupcakes for her to have one. Only the students and teachers. She'll survive. Go Peter Go!Then we went back over for the 11:00 fun run time slot for the 4th and 5th graders. Same thing - older grade ran first, so Daniel went to have a cupcake. His teacher was so nice, and said she wasn't going to eat one, but went and asked for her cupcake so she could give it to Katharine. So nice! Lucky girl.
Giving Daniel high fives on his run by laps.
After it was done, Daniel let me know that it wasn't actually "fun"... it was more like the worst.
Very cute Kat. Granite was opened in 1976, so they had a Bicentennial theme going on along the America 250 lines. I didn't know Granite as as old as I am! So she was America Girl for the rest of the day. Actually maybe it was also because of 9/11? The kids didn't mention that they talked about that at all at school, so maybe not. Peter recently read a book about 9/11 and another on about the Titanic. In his bedroom I saw that he had made some legos about it to help him process what he had read.
I thought it was cute, but also left me a bit uncomfortable. The Titanic was a tragedy, but it was an accident really, hence a movie about it and other stuff, and we can learn lessons from it without feeling guilty. But 9/11 was terror and murder brought about on purpose, an act of hatred and war, so it's a different kind of tragedy. We didn't talk with our kids about it, but maybe we will soon. I watched this video giving a summary of the events that day. This video was also good as it showed how it happened live, capturing how we all felt that day - confusion as we tried to understand what was happening. So yeah, sobering stuff.
There was a little baby there that was the spittin' image of baby Owen, really really cute little toe head with big blue eyes. I showed his mom some photos of Owen and said they could have been twins. So the doctors called us in, checked Daniel out, gave us a prescription, and then we headed out. After trying to capture a sucker photo for a future matching game.
Picked up his medicine at 3, cause it wasn't ready when we went by after the doctor. I dropped off a book "Glucose Revolution" at the library yesterday. It was renewed 3 times and I still didn't read it. Though I did read one chapter yesterday. Take away: eat your veggies first. I didn't get into the mountains yesterday, I made it for a ride today though. Corey was in Provo all day. I was watching him on Life360 and debating what to do. Usually when I'm pacing the floor over if I have time for a ride, that is a good time to blog, cause I'm in hustle mode. So I blogged for a bit while I debated if I should go. I did 3 August posts yesterday and finished off with one more today to officially finish August, yay. I'm in September! After that I got dressed and hurried out at 4:45, as it looked very likely that date night was going to be delayed. Lily dropped me off part way up the road. I was able to take some time sitting at the ruins by the creek. These shortened mornings and evenings are killing me, I'm trying to brace myself for winter. 7:44pm sunset today. Corey and I went to Bandits for date night around 8, I got the Farmers harvest salad with dressings on the side, skipped the shrimp this time. Corey got the cedar plank salmon. Bread pudding for dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment