Sunday, July 26, 2026

Lesson at Church

Today I gave the lesson in Relief Society. I still don't know how to make power point presentations or even google slides, so I just use the blank board on the wall and my trusty dry erase marker. Here's what all my "this and that" notes and thoughts and comments from the class looked like after we were done. 

I prayed for help and did feel the Lord help our discussion. I pray that the sisters who were in attendance today got the message they needed and that they were uplifted on their journey. So, it was good. I enjoy teaching cause it helps me have a really good week of prep and I enjoy having things to share. The message I was given to teach was Elder Eyring's "Prayers for Peace" and I studied that a lot. I felt that it was basically the same message that I prepared in April when I led the discussion for Elder Christofferson's talk "Look to God and Live". Added a few quotes from Pres Hunter (quote at end of this post), the BYU Speech this past week by Jeffrey Bednar which, as I mentioned on Friday, was SO GOOD, and President Oaks ~
Wayne joined us for dinner today. Sophi was being especially silly at dinner tonight.
My kids are all silly and strange in their own ways. Lily yesterday when she was supposed to be doing her Human Geography homework...

 Abi made a few AI photos for Katharine - 

Then turned them into coloring pages. 
Abi said "AI always makes me so snatched..." ("snatched" is lingo for skinny waist I think)
Yes Abi, you and Katharine are both very snatched in those pics, following true Disney princess form with your necks looking about the same circumfrence as your waists. 
Katharine is sure gonna miss Abi. Abi made some coloring pages for Peter too.  
The amazing Spider Peter. 
Yesterday I took a 7pm ride to the ruins, and chilled for a few in my little spot. 
I thought I'd have more time to rest at the top but I took too long on my ride. I was super slow, prob cause it was so hot (94 degrees). So I only had like 5 min at my spot cause I needed to head down before it got too dark. The sky at my spot, ahh.
Peter has been having some scary dreams lately, so we are putting on church primary music on for him again to keep scary feelings away. Today he proudly showed me the God and Satan Legos he made, with earth beneath. I can't remember who the skeleton is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment