Friday, July 24, 2026

24th Parade

Today is a holiday in Utah. It's the 24th of July, also known as "The Days of '47". In 2024 our stake submitted a float into the parade and Abi and Lily were in it (I was thinking this morning that it was last year but then just looked it up on the blog to check and it was two... time is flying). After Corey and I got back from a ride to the ruins, we mentioned a parade and the kids were excited to go somewhere at the word. No, we're not going in person, but I turned on the tv so our children could be educated. The tv is still out from watching the World Cup, and it's sad but the first game I watched was Norway's quarterfinal against England. So we're there with the tv on and then Natalie borrowed my phone to search for something, and this moment soon followed ~
We thought that was funny. They are an overstimulated generation, as are their parents. They were watching videos of themselves on our youtube channel. I took back my phone, they all left and didn't watch the parade but Corey and I did, then he worked and I spent spare moments I have had this week preparing for a lesson a Relief Society on Sunday. I'll be leading a discussion on Elder Eyring's talk from April Conference Prayers for Peace. I've been listening to other talks and podcasts and reading stuff as I've been thinking about what I feel the main message of his talk is. One of the things that I listened to and then listened to again and started to write down was a BYU Devotional from this past Tuesday - Jeffrey Bednar message titled "To Those Enduring Trials with No End" - it is soooooo good. 

I fasted today and, as usually happens after fasting, I really enjoyed date night dinner. Bandits is one of our favorite restaurants. I always get the Farmer's Harvest Salad with an additional skewer of shrimp added on and dressing on the side. Yumm
Corey got the red trout. We enjoyed our veggies. After that dinner, we went to Handles and we got large dish of Chocolate ice cream to share. So we enjoy our desserts too! Corey has been taking photos of his breakfast and sending them to Ethan and Wes, hoping to encourage them to be healthier. 
I have been having a big bean salad for breakfast the past two weeks. It's good! I load it up with spring mix from Costco, pinto beans, pickled onions, banana peppers, cauliflower, kimchi, peppers, and sometimes also tomatoes or other veggies I see. Then (and this is where the magic is) Bitchen' chipotle almond sauce from Costco (I call it chipotle sauce, kids call it Itchin' sauce) Yesterday Natalie saw me eating my big salad and said "Oooh! Can I have some?" Surprised and pleased at her interest, I said yes, she took a bite and her eyes got big "That's GOOD!" and then she got a bowl and I gave her some, then she got seconds. She likes beans though, so she might be partial to it already. Corey said he felt some shame this morning as he cut up vegetables to grill. I saw him chopping and brought out mushrooms, which he had overlooked "Ooh thanks!" Then I added a tip to grill the mushrooms last, cause they cook faster, and he was like "Oh! ok!" Tonight he made me laugh saying "I always saw them (bell peppers) and knew they were there, but I didn't know what to do with them." He said that he's been feeling like a simp lately, and I asked for a definition and he sent me this:
Haha. I'm quite pleased with his food choices as of late, but it's not him being submissive to me, he's just listening to Dr. Alex. And I am very grateful for Dr. Alex's influence on him! He got a new subscriber in me, just to say thanks.

What other pics do I have from today... Daniel finally put away his fort, which he made on Monday or Tuesday. They've been sleeping in there everynight. 
Corey worked from home and thus made more coloring pages for the kids. He took this pic last night - 
Which Corey turned into this - 
Corey sent that to the college kids and Joseph asked "What's this for?" probably thinking we are really spoiling the younger siblings. I told him it was AI. His reply "Darn it" - he got tricked! You feel a little sheepish when you don't recognize it. Corey turned it into a coloring page.
Pretty fun! Here's another one he made today - Katharine really would be a little mermaid! So cute.
Yeah, Ariel should have been a toddler, aww. Coloring page (Katharine liked the long hair!) ~
So that's fuunnn. Last night Abi and I went to the temple together for initiatories. 
We got home in time for scriptures. Katharine and Lily were both drawing on their arms. 
Tonight is was Katharine drawing on Lily's leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...