Monday, July 4, 2011

Kid's Chore Boards

Before we left for Costa Rica, I had started making some Chore boards for the kids. These were inspired by the boards in the Accountable Kids program. (Here is a pdf download of their book, the link is below the two videos) The box that my unfinished boards were in was the last box I needed to unpack. I opened it on Thursday and decided to finish these up and see how it goes.


I had already painted them and put nails in them and had ribbon for them. I also had already made the little paper design things with the letter of their name, I just had to glue them on and make the chore cards. Joe and Mel helped me cut cards out of cardstock and I spent an hour writing different jobs and organized them all into a little plastic bin I had on hand.


We've only done it one day (last Friday) but it worked good that day! We'll see how it goes this week, minus the holiday today. I have them hanging on the wall on the stairs, a very visible place, so that's good cause it helps remind them what to do, and I think they are fun to look at - the rainbow of colors, so they make me happy when I see them too.

I have my little bin of cards at the bottom of the stairs which is also on top of the coat closet.


Even though Lily isn't doing any chores yet, hers was my favorite to look at (I love red) so I put her's up on the wall too, just for fun. (Like her chore card? "Be Cute")


Maybe I'll even make one for the new baby too. I'll let you know how it goes with actually helping keep order and cleanliness around here so you can decide if it's worth your time to try.


Here is an Update on our progress and slight modifications after one month.chHore charts for kids chore chart ideas job household chore list for kids teach kids work how to
HerH

3 comments:

  1. Wow Tiff those are so cute and practical! I'm interested in how it's going in a month or so. Having the kids clean is Neil and mine's downfall. We stink at it and our kids don't clean well and it's all our fault. We get so mad at them but I keep telling Neil we have no one to blame but ourselves. I've read many books on the topic and have yet to come up with "my" system to implement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffanie! I love your boards! You are so ambitious! I think you are feeling ready to "make" a "home!" I can't wait to hear your progress report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! These are beautiful! Talent and creativity to help motivate, mold, shape and help develop wonderful kids! You are an amazing mom.... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...