Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Lily Pillow


I love Lily. Toddlers are just cute bundles of exploration and trouble trapped in an irresistible little cheesy grin. Lily left me a present the other day on my pillow.

I had left my pen on my bed with my books and magazines so I can write and underline. Lily was watching tv while I read and nursed Sophia, then I fell asleep and awoke to find this mural on my pillowcase. My Egyptian Cotton pillowcases that I bought in Virginia that remind me of our lovely days in Centreville, I loved it there. We'll go back someday. But I love Lily more than Virginia and more than my pillowcase. Childhood comes with an expiration date. Got to enjoy these kids while they're here.

And I love these little people scribbles she draws.

When I saw the drawing I scolded her, cause we don't want to make a habit out of this, but then I just turned over the pillowcase as if to tuck her toddlerhood away safe under my blanket. I'm sure it will come out when I wash it, but I'm going to put that off for a while. I love these little drawings. And I'm glad for Magic Erasers too, that have cleaned up these little scribble people from walls and tables and window sills.

2 comments:

  1. I love that phrase you just used "Childhood comes with an expiration date". You are such a good mom, my knee jerk reaction would have been to freak out. I am working on that because like you I love my kids more than anything, thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that quote in a magazine once and it stuck with me, it is important to remember they won't be little and making messes for us forever. :) And I know you're doing a great job Kristen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...