Saturday, August 8, 2020

Ready to Work

We had plans to go up to Bear Lake as a family next week, but we're modifying our plans because we've decided Corey needs to stay home and work. He was sick for the past 3 days, and thankfully he finally felt better today. But now he has a lot of work to catch up on for that, and also because he took off a whole week the week before while we were up at Park City. So he only worked two days this week before he started to feel lousy, so that means if Bear Lake is going to happen for us, I have to make it happen and do it. Which is fine, but I need to prepare myself mentally. I also had on the calendar, that it was jut going to be Monday and Tuesday like it was last year, but it's going to be Monday Tuesday Wednesday AND Thursday... I can do this! I am feeling a bit stretched though. I've already been on duty full time and single parent to our kids for the past 3 days, and now I get to go be on duty by myself again. It shouldn't be that bad though, because Corey's brother is taking care of all the food. It should also be doable because Corey booked a room in Garden City for his parents that they aren't going to need to use, so that means I have a place that I can go with the little kids and I won't have to camp with them during the night. I also am really glad that I went last year, cause Mark got the same campsite last year as he got for this week, and it is awesome! It's right on the south beach, the campsite is right by the beach, it will be great, so I want to do this, I can do this, I will do this, even by myself. A quick polo to Nicole to get all my thoughts out and I was ready to steel myself mentally to keep working hard.

So that is what I'm going to do next week, Corey will work and have a house to himself so that should be good for him and I bet he'll really enjoy it. I don't think I've ever had the house to myself for 3 or 4 days, cause I always have a baby with me. Last year was pretty good when I came home from PC for a few days and was home with just 3 kids. It was nice to have a more slow pace summer for a few days. So I hope Corey enjoys it, and I trust that some day I will have a kid free house to myself and when that day comes, I'll wish I had the little ones and the big ones all with us again.
We'll miss the midnight talks. I'm glad that even if they all grow up and leave our home, these kids are in our lives for the long haul (aka eternity). It's going to be great to spend forever together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...