Sunday, October 9, 2022

Fall Drive

We went on a fall drive this evening (along with everyone else down in Utah Valley) up around the Alpine loop. I knew I wanted to go, and that this would likely be our last chance, so I took whichever kids wanted to come, and K cause she has to stay with me, and off we went. I was a little tired driving, and it would have been nice to stay home and take a nap, but ya gotta seize these opportunities. We  went to Provo to pick up Melodie first, cause she wanted to join us. J said he couldn't, but invited us to come say hi after. Ethan didn't see the text, so next time we'll call him, cause he might had come had he known. I was loving the view of Timpanogos on the way down. Provo Canyon was gorgeous, everything was gorgeous. There was a lot of traffic going up the canyon at the turn off to Sundance, so we cheated and drove past them, turned around on the road (it's kinda scary taking a left on that canyon road, the cares are coming so fast) but that helped us save a few minutes. There was even more traffic coming out of the canyon, I felt like we took the right route going from Sundance to American Fork. It took the kids a few minutes to get into it, but Mel and I were dying - 
Such bright reds!
Beautiful blue sky!
What is it about fall?! We stopped at one point for Mel to run out and take a picture, and she heard some girls running and one of them said "I don't know why but I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!" and Mel and I laughed cause that it how we were feeling too! We passed a few cars with people standing out the sun roof, and we thought "That's a great idea! Mel, get out there to get a picture!" 
Then the kids wanted a turn - that helped Natalie, Owen and Daniel have more fun. They cheered and put their hands up like they were riding on a roller coaster, or like they were in a parade.
Peter slept for a while and stayed in his carseat after he was awake. Katharine slept, then woke up and got mad, so we got her out and Natalie held her most of the time. 
All of the cars were going slow, cause it is super narrow backroad and there were so many cars, everyone was being careful. 
IT WAS SO GORGEOUS. Gold aspens everywhere, and blue swirling skies!
Shortly after we started, little boys requested to use the bathroom. Thankfully they lasted until we made it to the Summit Trailhead where there was a bathroom facility. Mel jumped out to take the boys in, I did two loops while I waited, and then I couldn't find them - they were off playing in the trees - 
Maybe next year we'll come up for fall family photos
Super super crowded, but thankfully we found each other, and then proceeded to ooh and aww and flip out over the beauty around us as we finished our drive out of the American Fork Canyon. 
There was a long line of people headed up, and I felt lucky that we seemed to have gone in the right way. 
So, yeah, it was amazing. 
Then we drove back to Provo to drop Mel off -
and give Ethan a hug - 
And then we went by to say hi to Joseph. Lucky them - their big brother had made them cinnamon rolls! Owen slipped in some mud as they ran in, Joseph rinsed him off in his tub and gave Owen a pair of his shorts to wear, then they frosted the cinnamon rolls while I sat in the car feeding K. 
It's so nice to have babysitters scatters throughout Utah Valley!

It ended up being a way longer outing than I had thought, but it's all good. We made it back alive, and I was tired, but it was probably good mental prep before we begin our drive out to California on Tuesday. Ugh, long hours in the car are coming, I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...