Thursday, May 6, 2010

Show offs


Joe likes to impress his younger siblings, friends, and family by doing something he finds really tough - going bare in the snow. It's cold, he tells us, but it is a matter of mind over body. I think the kids started doing this after I did it - when I was training for a half marathon during January and February in 2008. I had found something online that said the best way to help your muscles recover after a long run was to get them cold. I thought I'd try it, so I'd usually sit in a tub of cold water. Not very enjoyable. It was easier for me to sit in the snow for a few minutes if there was snow, which there was on occasion. The kids thought I was crazy tough, and now like to show how tough they are. Here are Joe and Hyrum rolling in the snow.
I had put up the trampoline in March, so the kids also like to go jump on the snow covered trampoline barefoot. They're nuts!

1 comment:

  1. ummm, yeah.... that makes me shiver just looking at the pictures. Not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...