Thursday, May 12, 2016

Little Eyes

One of my favorite moments of the day is when I go to check on Owen to see if he's woken up from his nap. The "favorite" part comes when he is awake and I get to see his little eyes looking upside down at me through the slats ~
For a 9 month old, I don't feel that Owen moves around that much. When he wakes up, for example, he doesn't struggle or roll around or try to free himself from the crib. He just stays on his back and waits until someone comes for him. He kicks his legs or plays with his toes, looking up and upside down toward the door for someone to come in. When I see him and he sees me, although I can't see the smile cause of his binky, his eyes tell me he's got a grin ~ Yay! It's mommy here for me!
Those nap pics were from a few days ago, here his his happy upside down face for me this morning, super excited to start the day!
So again, he's not moving around too much yet, but he's starting. Two weeks ago on April 29, Owen surprised us all with his first good go at moving himself along the floor. I guess all he needed was the right motivation... and he found it in the bright colors and chinkly sounds of the Blokus game pieces. Check out these moves!

We were all so proud. Ethan said "I didn't think he'd ever figure it out!!" So, not really a "crawl" more of a "drag" but we are all still very happy with the progress he's made. Good job little man!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...