Friday, September 21, 2018

Rush Arcade

Today there was no school for the elementary kids. Corey said it would be a good day for me to use the Get Out Pass. Ok. So, I toyed with the idea of going to Lagoon tomorrow. We've thought about it a few times, but you have to pick up your tickets at their office, I didn't know if that would be a doable thing to do before we actually went to Lagoon or if I should go get them and have them on hand and ready for when we leave the house. So, I decided to go get them today. Had a little trouble finding the entrance to their office, but did find it and then, since we were up in Davis County anyway, I drove to Pitcher Sports in Ogden to get a new trampoline mat, which we've needed for well over a year. In past family videos and pictures, I keep the video angle strategically positioned so as to not show how terribly the mat was falling apart ...and probably wasn't safe for my children to use. But yay we finally got that taken care of today - we got a new mat! Then, after an hour in the car running those two errands, and since we were in the area, we went to Rush Funplex to use the Get Out pass Arcade pass. 
My cute kids all holding hands -
And a view of them from the front. We are a happy family, yay
In the funplex, they gave us arcade cards with credits to use. I don't think the kids quite knew how to use them or make sure they used their game after swiping their cards, but whatever. Daniel was more interested in having a card like his siblings than actually playing the game.
We did quite a bit of skee ball, which they liked and almost figured out
...and other than that I don't know what the kids did with their credits. I saw Natalie just walking around swiping her card at each machine and not even waiting, just looking frustrated and going to the next machine. I helped Daniel redeem a few credits, he shot a gun at pirate skeletons, yay.
Abi found one game that worked for her, I don't know what to call it other than the claw game (like in Toy Story at Pizza Planet)
She won a stuffed green raccoon toy, wow! Then she won some weird caterpillar thing! Then she won a black devil's trident thingy. She confessed "I don't really want any of these toys, but... it's so fun to win!" So since all the other kids were frustrated with their cards and games, they gave the cards to Abi so she could win more prizes in the claw game. She won another raccoon, this one pink, and then she won a huge owl as she was trying to move it to get to a unicorn beneath it. Maybe next time Abi! Good news is that we have free credits every month! So maybe Abi will be up here again in October or November to WIN more toys that she doesn't really want but that make her feel like a lucky winner at the slot machine in Vegas - she's a winner! She was nice and gave the 5 toys away to her siblings as we headed to the car.
Daniel and Sophi asleep after the drive home. D snuggling the raccons that Abi won. I think it was a memorable outing for them. I still remember winning a bunny once in a game like that - kinda like a calico critter looking toy doll, but larger. It's fun to break the odds and actually win at one of those rigged arcade games, so good job Abi, lol. We'll probably keep these toys and then I'll donate them to the DI. Oh, and here's what our trampoline mat looks like...
We gotta find the missing springs, I think they're in the shed somewhere, and then we'll put up the new one tomorrow, cause now I gotta go get ready for date night, Corey and I are going to go see "Operation Finale"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...