Saturday, November 12, 2022

Solo Recital & Momentum

Last night Corey and I went out to eat at Archibalds. As we pulled up, the smell reminded me of the one time we visited The Farm. The smell outside was brief however, and dinner inside was very nice. After we got home, Corey dropped me off and headed out to watch Wesley's hockey game at the Salt Lake Sports Complex. Melodie came up and watched the game too (and then spent the night). They give this little team hard hat to whoever was playing the hardest, and Wes earned it last night! 

He really likes hockey, and we're glad that Brighton has three teams this year, cause he's gotten more playing time. Yesterday I took Sophi and Natalie to a violin rehearsal before their solo concert today. 
The concert was at 5:30 today. Natalie played Gossec Gavotte and I'm so impressed by how she well she plays the hard fast part (at :45)
That part kinda freaks me out and I'm sure I would have botched it had I been up on the stage! 
Sophi played right after Natalie. Sophi did Gavotte by Lully from Book 2, and she started playing so quickly that I was worried about the middle section, but she played it very well and hit each note. 

So it was a busy day today. Sophi also had her first basketball game this morning, but I thought it was at Brighton, so that's where Mel took her. They couldn't find it, then I texted a teammate and learned/remembered it was a Butler, and I told Mel that and how to get there, but Mel's phone was dying, so I wasn't able to track them to see if they made it to Butler. Then they walked in the garage door - Sophi was too embarrassed to go to the game so late, and then I put her back in the car and took her. We caught the last 60 seconds. She didn't play, but we it was good to be there with her team. We don't give up! I told her if she had just come and stayed at home, she'd be feeling sad the whole day. Go be with the team and be where you were supposed to be so the feeling can be resolved and not weigh you down all day. I know it's frustrating when you can't get where you want to go - I have dreams like that sometimes, where I'm just stuck and not able to open my eyes or see or move, it's frustrating, so yeah, get the feeling of frustration gone by getting where you want to be. 

After basketball, Corey took all the kids to Momentum. I'll upload a picture if I get any from them. Corey got a family pass, and we'll see how often we use it and if we keep it. Momentum was busy, so then they went to his parents house, then they tried again to go to Momentum. The kids liked it. I wanted to go, but didn't get a chance, cause I was with my angel baby K. Mel and Wes brought Sophi and Natalie home, and they got ready for the recital, and we went there, Corey stayed at his parents the rest of the day with ODP working on work stuff. And we'll finish off with a picture of her from this morning - such flexible hips. Oh, to be that stress free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...