Thursday, March 30, 2023

Busch Gardens Take 2

We had another day at Busch Gardens today. Lucky for us, with the spring hours, they didn't open early, so we were able to sleep in and recover a bit from our busy day yesterday. Owen is our early riser. Watching a bit of cartoons - 
We turned in the Mancala game, but the kids got hooked on it and want to keep playing, so they made a mancala set from small rocks and part of a clear egg carton. Now we have a travel mancala game to take with us.
At Busch Gardens, Owen went on Loch Ness since I sat next to him. He was brave and said he liked it, but he didn't want to do it again. Good job buddy! I was impressed. ...Nervously waiting in line with Abi before hoping over the ride cars to wait with me. 
There weren't big lines or crowds today, which was perfectly fine with us! Today Corey stayed back at the hotel with Katharine, and I took all the kids. The older kids went on rides while I stayed with the little boys - at DragonLand.
Peter is a cutie.
Riding the bugs.
Meeting Cookie Monster, although they didn't really know who he is. 
I think Sesame Street peaked in the 80s and has been on the decline. But, this blue character seems important? so, sure, we'll pose for a photo. 
I was with the little boys all day, the big kids caught up with us a few times to play. The boys really liked Prince Elmo's Spire (another 80s reference that most people probably don't get). Lily on the ride there with them.
And Peter LOVED Oscar's Wiggly Worms. I liked that one well enough that I was ok doing that one 6 times in a row. For other kiddie rides, I waited outside. Group pic in France - 
We all LOVED Finnegan's Flyer! It was so fun! Like a big swing, you felt like you were flying. 
Owen went on it once and was a little scared after that and called it good. There was no line so we did that one over and over.
Little boys waiting on the bridge while the teenagers scream.
Then Wes was so nice and bought a Cinnabon and shared it with everyone
(I refused to buy them food - cause it was freaking expensive and they can learn to wait until we got home). The sugar gave them energy to continue. 
Then the older kids told us about a ride that we didn't see on Tuesday - Invadr! It was one that Owen was tall enough to ride, and he LOVED this one! 
More merry go rounds - 
Pantheon was closed today, so that was sad. 
We did Apollo a few times, I liked that one. 
Oh, and we also found a new ride that we didn't go on Tuesday - the kids were really excited to show it to me, and it was so fun.... Verbolten!! The kids were telling me "You have to try it!" and I did with Sophi, and (with no line!) we were able to just keep doing it over and over until we were sick. 
Super fun! I missed out last spring, but on this trip I've been able to get my fill of coasters! 
Abi bought one last treat that she shared again, a few more kiddie rides for Peter - 
And we were ready to go home at 6 when the park was closing. I was taking a walking pic of the kids, when a cute lady and her boyfriend photo bombed us, and then she offered to take a pic. :)
We had a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...