Monday, October 14, 2024

Oreo Spiders

I put myself in charge of the FHE treat tonight. I bought things I don't like to buy, but it's fine. As I was at the store with Peter, Oreos were on sale, so I got two packages of those and googled "Oreo halloween treat" as I walked down the isle to get ketchup and bananas. Oreos helped narrow down our activity and we I decided we were going to make halloween spiders. I helped Katharine with hers.

I opted for Pocky chocolate sticks instead of just pretzels. And Corey and the kids had bought candy eyes last time, and they didn't use them all but they did eat them all, and I wasn't going to spend $9 bucks on candy eyes, so I got white frosting and chocolate chips.
Corey approved of the activity (he's the fun parent) and the kids liked it too. 

Natalie made quadruplets.
Owen concentrating.
After the kids had had time to make their spiders, we gathered them up for the college kids to vote on.

A3 won. The winner didn't get anything other than bragging rights. Abi C1, Lily B1 and Katharine A4 tie for silver. 

Today was the last day of fall break for the girls. The best part of fall break, they told me, was sleeping in. Katharine likes sleeping with Abi more than with me, and I'm ok with that, and thankfully Abi is too, even on school nights.
That's how K likes to sleep still - tucked up in the armpit. The girls slept in, except for K, she came down and had her regular buffet of breakfast choices, but ultimately opting to sit with Corey and eat his food.
Around 11am, girls were finally awake. Abi and I went to my mom's house to help them put their blinds back up - they got a new front room window and back sliding door on Friday. And we vacuumed. I stayed to visit for just a bit longer than Abi while Abi drove home. I was flattered to see my new favorite fall picture up on my dad's computer as the wallpaper photo for both of his screens.
He's cute. I decided to walk home, just to see how long it would take. 4.5 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes. Abi called to see how close I was right when I was walking up the stairs to our house. I like the halloween decorations that Peter made for our door. Cute zombie.
Also I this paper from school was a keeper - Peter is going to be a TeWex for halloween. 
I guess Peter's doing a repeat of 2022 when he and Wes were dinosaurs together. Wes is calling tomorrow. Today was a mission conference or something. His branch president sent me another pic - Wes enjoying dinner after a long fast Sunday. I said "It looks like he's really enjoying that!"
She joked that he was very hungry, but they staged this - putting all their bones on his plate while he ate a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...