Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy 11th Hyrum

Hyrum's birthday today. My mom made a triple layer blue velvet and german chocolate cake in the number 11 shape for him. At first when I saw it, I thought it was some canyon landform or a parting of the Red sea or something and didn't quite get it. "Oh, It's an '11'! Got it!"
We ate it for lunch and dinner. I skipped the ice cream, but still managed to eat enough to get myself feeling ill.
Mom put a trick candle on the cake. The kids thought that was pretty cool. When it would flicker back up they'd say "Uh oh! You're not 11 yet, you're still 10! Try again!"
And then they spent the day playing legos. ...like they have every other day this summer. I thought they might want try to do something different during the last week before school starts, but maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...