Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Reunion Prep

Corey and I went to high school together, and we have our 20 year reunion coming up this weekend. I've been helping with it, trying to find classmates on google and facebook, advertising, emailing  blogging, spotlighting, and receiving payments and emailing confirmations... it's just been a lot (too much!) of computer work. It's not healthy. So, I think I will remember this summer because I spent a ton of time at the computer doing reunion things, and the kids will remember this as the summer that they were neglected. Here at the desk, and can nurse Natalie as I type, so that is good that it keeps her put for a little bit, but I'm usually turning them away and asking one of the older kids to do the stuff I should/want be doing. House has been neglected too.

One of the good things that came from it was that a month ago, after trying and failing with making an invite via paint or online programs, I bought Scrapbook Max to make the little email announcements. What do you think?
I heard about Scrapbook Max through a friend on facebook, Colette. We grew up in the same church ward and neighborhood. My Computer is My Canvas is her little etsy business and she shares adorable printables there and on facebook and her blog using Scrapbook Max, that's how I heard of it. I haven't had too much time to explore all it will do, and I'm definitely not as good as her, but it's still pretty fun! Once the reunion is over, maybe I can try my hand fingers at making scrapbook pages on the computer, and actually get to all those pictures I've been taking since 2007. I had a few attempts at scrapbooking after Brazil, from 2007-2009, then started to officially blog instead of scrapbook when we moved to Costa Rica in 2009. I'm sure it would take me years to catch it all up, so I won't do that, but it might be fun to try to scrapbook and highlight atleast a few of the main events from each year. We'll see! I made a similar invite for everyone coming to the dinner...
...and this one I made for the picnic. I'm getting faster at it.
Well, it's 5:30, better to get dinner ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...