Saturday, March 14, 2020

Kids at Work

Early this morning Wes and Lily woke up early and went to work at my parent's house picking up rocks out of their loose dirt. They are redoing their yard and it's all being bull-dozed and ripped up. But she wants the rocks to cover the ground over on the small patch of dirt by their mailbox. So we did that for 90 minutes. I stayed and helped. Hyrum and Ethan wouldn't get up and go cause they were already working shifts today so they didn't feel the need. Sleep was more valuable cause they were going to be earning money later. Corey didn't appreciate my being gone so much of mHyrum worked a long shift - 11-7. I told the kids if they worked hard for me during the day at home, they could earn a Subway sandwich for dinner. Wes, Lily, and Sophi won the prize.
I left my phone and camera at home, so these pics are from Wesley's phone.
I wanted to take pictures cause I don't know when or if I'll bring them here to buy food again.
We thoroughly washed Peter's hands and feet after.
He's a pretty baby.
I said no to the cookies.
Hyrum wouldn't smile for me. Stinker. He's a good kid.
Today Peggy texted me some pictures of Abi in Texas. She's been a great help all around. Here they are at a park -
Playing b-ball
This week was spring break for them, and now their school is cancelled next week, so it will be another week of vacation until Grant and Steph get back. They've done lots of reading.
Abi got there on a Sunday morning, and Grant and Steph didn't leave until Wednesday, so they all had a few days together. Abi said "They literally have one of the NICEST houses I have ever stepped foot in"
Grant said Eli was a little clingy and he hoped he wasn't wearing Abi out too much. Tuesday afternoon, when Grant and Steph were still there, she texted me "Oh my, kids have SO much ENERGY! I already feel like ive ran a merithon." I texted her the correct spelling of marathon.  Grant sent me these reading pictures, so I bet they were all on a better schedule when "mom and dad" were home. After they were gone, there might have been a little more of this pic from Peggy?
They kept them busy with outings, but I bet Peggy and Abi are also just trying to survive the two weeks.
We'll be watching tv here over the extended spring break, but it's gonna be in Spanish, haha. If I'm going to let them be lazy, they'll be doing some reluctant learning in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...