Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ready for Ski Season

This winter, Corey has major plans to ski, and he's setting himself up for success! He's finally got the 4-wheel drive vehicle he wanted. After his black car died a year ago (end of this post) he had an eye on getting a Honda Pilot. Then when it started getting cold on his bike ride to work, he felt it was time. After spending a few days looking, he bought the car on September 3rd from PMR Auto in American Fork, where we bought my van. Melodie drove him down, he looked at it, and bought it. From his text to me that day "I feel urgency to provide for my kids, feed them, clothe them, and take them places... so had to jump on what I thought was a great deal." This car has been in an accident, but passed Honda certification, and it has "only 17000 miles, which is basically new." Today he had an appointment a rack put on his car. He came home with his car looking good and with a Thule cargo box on top. Corey had the kids help him bring in all the skis and boots from the garage so they could practice fitting it all in. 10 skis, 10 pairs of boots, 7 poles, and 11 helmets! They all fit inside, wow!

Another text from him today: "Must... feed.... entertain....teach... in bulk" He does a pretty amazing job. I'm grateful I could help give him this challenging opportunity and joyful burden of providing for such a large family. It is soul stretching work for both of us, and we are learning to lose ourselves in it. Good job sweetie. One month ago today, he bought some Mountain Collective ski passes for everyone, so we're set to go skiing at the resorts here and to take a few skiing trip weekends for date night! Corey bought me a ticket too, and I said I'll go if he'll take me. I haven't ever gone skiing with a baby, so we'll see how this works with Peter, but it was fun skiing with Owen and Daniel last winter. This will be fun. Corey also got some extra consulting work hours to pay for these toys and activities. I know I am very lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...