Thursday, November 19, 2020

School, Surf, and Bye Joseph

We are enjoying one of our last few days in Oahu. Today was just a take it easy at the hotel day for most of us. We went to the Naia pool during the day when the kids could go on the slide. Peter opted to do some pool side yoga - my little yoga baby

After a morning swim, we came up to the room to do school work. I helped Abi with math, and she struggled, and I struggled with her. Seems like we've been here before... 
Owen's already tuckered out. Natalie is a good sister. 
Reading to Peter earlier this morning (Peter slept in his swimsuit jumper) - 
Lunchtime Check in - 

Corey snuck out with Joseph, Wes, and Sophi to go to Waikiki so Joseph could surf. Corey stayed with Sophi and watched her climb the cool banyan tree - 
They went to the same place and rented the surf board from the guy we rented from last time. 
(Yay! I got some photos off of Corey's phone!) 
Just know that Corey takes more photos and videos of the kids than I do. So future family historians, this blog is just our family's history from my point of view, except for the occasional photos I send myself when I happen to grab his phone. 
So, you're welcome Joseph and Wes, your surf and kneeboarding outing is hereby documented. 
After surfing, Corey asked Joseph if he had any other last requests before his vacation ended. He wanted to eat a Hawaiian meal. 
So Corey took them to the mall and they ordered some Hawaiian BBQ.
And then they dropped him off at the airport - BYE JOSEPH!! 
He actually left without me saying goodbye or giving him a hug, since they snuck out when we were doing homework, but it's ok. I trust we'll see him again soon. Bye Joseph, it was so great to have you here!

Back at the room - those that were done with homework came to the Lagoon Pool with the little kids and me. We chose umbrella 22, which I didn't notice the significance at first, but when I told Owen what number umbrella, his face beamed! Yes Owen! It's your 22 from school! 
22 is here in Hawaii too!! Owen was very happy. Peter was very sad. He'd been in a mood most of the day, ever since I put him in his swimming suit and handed him over to Abi to swim. He didn't like that and let me pay for it the rest of the day. I was sentenced to hold him non stop. Ooh Peter, I'm sorry. Please don't be grumpy.
So we (P and I) didn't get in the water or dig in the fake beach at Lagoon, I just held him while the kids played. at 7pm we headed back to the room. My arms were relieved when Peter willingly went on the luggage cart, yay, and I pushed him down the long hallway on that. 
We were on the 11th floor, room 31138 and 31140, alllll the way down at the end of the hall. The only exercise I've really gotten this week is when I occasionally try to sprint/run down the long hall instead of walk when I don't have kids with me and no once else is in the hall. Corey, Wes and Sophi came back. Wes missed Peter. Peter tried to tell Wes about all the scary things that happened today. 
(if you couldn't tell, Wesley is spoiling this kid...)
It's not Wesley's fault. Peter is pretty helpless and adorable, we're smitten too. 
Oh Peter! Are you so cute!
Our pretty baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...