Thursday, November 2, 2023

Great Imitator

Yesterday, Corey was reading the Book of Mormon, and Katharine picked up her mini Book of Mormon and sat on his back. Precious.

There have been several moments like this recently, like when Katharine joined her siblings looking at Instagram reels last night.

Her little legs!!!

I saw Katharine sitting to watch a movie on the floor today, and it made me think of Sister Jones' talk "A Sin Resistant Generation". She shared an anonymously quote:

“Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate.”

She always sits there on the floor next to the ottoman, and she sits there because that is where I sit. I sit there during scriptures, cause the couch space is usually all taken by the time I arrive. Sometimes I'll kick a kid off of the ottoman if K is being fussy and I decide to nurse her. Anyway, I've noticed her sit down here as I've turned on movies a few times this past week - Peter Pan and Curious George are the two current favorites of Peter, and K likes them too. 

Today Owen didn't have trumpet, and Abi was home, so I took the opportunity for us to do back massages. We both did each other for 22 minutes, and it was great. And then Katharine came and imitated us. 

Oh, what I would give to have a back that was as unstressed as Katharine's back! How do I imitate that, Katharine??

I put Lucky (our pet butterfly) on my shirt, and K wanted to as well. 
She is precious. I hope we give her lots of great things to imitate and that she'll continue to learn and become a beautiful little human!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...