Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween

On Saturday Corey took the kids to pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins. Then they went to the community Halloween festival for hot chocolate, donuts, and a costume contest. He's a good dad. I was glad to say home with Katharine. Owen checking out the mud on his shoes, Peter dressed as a black Ninja.

While Corey took NOP, Wayne had asked some of the kids to go to his house for a raking party this past weekend. Corey was gone with kids and the toddler I had was no good, but thankfully Mel came up on Saturday to visit, and she and Wes went to rake leaves. They had a fun time goofing off together, trying to rake fast and furious. Wes got a blister he was working so hard. There's a lot to do around here, and some things the kids want to do, I don't care about. They wanted me to put up more Halloween decorations, I told them I got rid of all of them a few years ago, which is true, so Daniel put up stuff he brought home from school. Cute. Kinda sad too, but cute.

I'm glad they owned it. I told them to wait for Mel to be able to carve the pumpkins with them on Saturday, but they went ahead without her, and without me cause I didn't want to do it. So they all look like they were done by little kids, and they were, and that's just fine. 
Natalie did the barfing one. 
So, today is Halloween. That means the Halloween parade, yay...
It was crazy cold. Corey and Wes were still at home, so I left Katharine and Peter with them and I walked down. I went on a walk this morning and was amazed by these white and green leaves. Like the white was so white, I honestly thought they had been painted. 
The toddlers don't want to be standing outside anyway. Neither do I, but it's more bearable without little kids fussing that they want to leave. All of these dutiful parents and caregivers. 
I thought this sign was sad. Back in the 80s, we were allowed to bounce balls on the school's brick walls. Times have changed.
Ok, finally time for the parade. Captain America!
Owen is Red from Rainbow Friends, which I know nothing about. But he was ok with this Elmo costume that I got from the thrift store and adjusted, so I was happy.
Natalie was Cleopatra. Holding out her hands asking "Where's KATHARINE?!?!" Sorry, I left her. 
Once Natalie walked past, I was outta there. Then I prepped myself mentally for when the kids got home and would need help getting ready to trick or treat. BUT, then, Corey and I decided we should go on our annual pre-Halloween bike ride instead! So I put Abi in change of costume and make up, which she was happy to do, and Corey and I took off, yay! We left at 3:30. It was great to be in the canyon, but it was suuuper cold!!! I got 4 achievements. 
We were able to make it to the ruins despite the snow. 
It was fall weather again back at home. We got a black permanent marker and drew jack o lantern faces on brown paper bags and called it good for their trick or treating sacks. 
The kids enjoyed pizza with neighbors and then they scattered - Natalie with Lani May, Daniel with Austin, Owen was with Isaac I think... Corey and I were texting each other about where we were and who we saw last and hoped that we still had all the kids. I came with Katharine, then Corey took her home and I finished with Peter. 
He's cute. It was fun to take him around. 
Some of the houses he wasn't too sure about!
Natalie accidentally left her Cleopatra costume on the bus, so she had to come up with a quick costume after we got home, cause I told her I was not going to call or bother anyone from the school district bus system.
She did the costume that Mel and Wesley did - Wes went down to Provo for a college dance party with JM&E. I'll try to get pics of that later. Wes and Mel were bigger versions of Natalie, so they looked like this - 
Only taller, and in a darker room with a lot of other people dancing. Now it's time to see what spoils the kids came home with...
They shared with Katharine, she got all sticky, then we gave her a bath, and went to pickup Sophi from a friend's house out at Churchill. Joseph came up with a date and we were able to meet her, Deborah, she was nice! They followed Owen and Daniel around for a bit and got hot dogs and scones from our neighbors. Some of them really go all out, it's fun. We all eventually made it home and now we're going to turn off Harry Potter and go to bed. You got that, Katharine? BEDTIME!
Oh, right, we need to read scriptures first...
Holding her little Book of Mormon, such a good girl. 
Hope it was a good Happy Halloween for everyone. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...