Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sauerkraut Battle

It began Sunday evening with Joseph downstairs being weird and howling like a really bad Tarzan for some reason. Corey's getting annoyed at the noise and tells him to knock it off to which Joe replies "Chase me!"

Joe recruits Ethan "Hey Eth! I'm getting dad really mad! Wanna come help me?" Yeah, let's go!

Corey'd had about enough of being harassed by the boys and sends them this verbal warning "You guys want some Sauerkraut?" Translation: Come near me one more time I'm gonna shove something nasty down your throat.

A challenge they were eager to provoke, and the battle began. Hyrum joined in too, so there were 3 boys running circles around the house and trying to break in while Corey tried to chase them and simultaneously lock them out. Mel and Abi were on Dad's team. When Corey caught one of the boys he tied them up the chair so they could eat their prisoner surprise...
Corey had both of Eth's hands tied ~ then Ethan got loose and teased "Haha!! I got a hand out!!"
Hyrum's turn in the chair and Corey with the Jar of torture food...
I was in the backyard with the girls and the guinea pigs, and after a good 40 minutes of battling it out, Corey came and joined me telling the boys he was done, and since he didn't have his Sauerkraut jar, the kids thought they had the upper hand and provoked a little more... and as Joe taunted and got closer, Corey grabbed him, pinned him, and then pulled out a sandwich baggie of Sauerkraut that was in his pocket - he was able to force it in his mouth by plugging Joe's nose - Point Corey!
Joe tries to warn Ethan "He's got it in his pocket! He's got it in his pocket!" but it was too late, and Corey grabbed him scoring his second point, Corey:2 - Kids: 0
And Eth just happened to have been pinned down on a hidden pile of guinea pig poop, so he had that on his back too - bonus point Corey. The kids loved it. I was glad to not be involved and just watch and laugh. :) Corey didn't get Hyrum cause Hyrum was ready to defend himself with a 4-tine cultivator...
Then Eth got the hose, that's when I, the true referee, called the game. Can't get the baby wet. Don't mess with your Dad, boys! It was funny. Corey is the fun one. I'm the boring ref.

Just as it should be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... just to hang out at your house for a few hours when everyone is around. Makes me wish I had more kids just so they could help keep each other entertained, egg one another on, and team up on JT more. Glad Corey can be such a good sport about everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...