Thursday, October 5, 2017

Hidden Valley Park Trail

I started a little life challenge thing on Monday - it's to help me get "unstuck". I mostly need to get unstuck from the mess that is this house and my inability to manage our life. But before I get on to that challenge, briefly... one thing the lady has been talking about it getting your WINs - "What's Important Now". Right now getting out into the lovely fall mountains is really important, cause we've just got like 2 weeks. So we went out yesterday - WIN! And we made it out again today! Today we went to Hidden Valley Park and explored a little on one of the trails there. The mountains on the drive over were so gorgeous - totally made me want to sing and shout - sooo pretty!!
Oh, that red! Amazing!!!
I love it~ I love it!
I still wish I could fly - 
 Sigh, so pretty.
So the kids wanted to play on the park instead of hike. I let them play for a minute, maybe should have just changed the hike plan and turned it into a park outing, and that could have still been a win, but I made them stop and walk with me.
Hyrum, Wes, and Abi helped me carry and keep track of the little ones 
I haven't gone far on the trail, so we were mostly exploring and learning as we went. I'm not exactly sure which trail we were on either - might have been the Bonneville Shoreline trail or one right below it.
Soon the trail had too much sun exposure for my liking.
The kids were ahead of me. We went about 30 minutes and then turned around
This is why I was behind... I had two dead weights slowing me down... Wes took a picture - I remembered this photo from eight years ago when Abi was my toddler and Lily was my baby in the wrap.
Kinda recreated the moment in time, and wow, 8 years suddenly gone. Time is flying...
On our way back. Wes asked if he could take more pictures with my phone.


It was a lovely fall walk.
We'll get out again soon, we gotta enjoy these beautiful mountain colors before they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...