Friday, October 6, 2017

Chin Up

On Wednesday at our study group, I mentioned to my friends who had been sending prayers our way that Corey still hadn't heard from the investor he met with in California two weeks ago. One of my friends came by afterward with a box of peaches and some cookies.
"Sorry you're going through hell!" she said with a laugh, and I was able to give a grateful sigh. It feels like hell, like we're damned or something. Oh this mortal life... we're trying to be patient with ourselves and others and we work through this. I shared most of the cookie gift with Natalie and Sophi and we the whole family snacked and dined on peaches for the next 24 hours. There were still a few in the box yesterday when I was putting the remaining peaches in the fridge. And there I was surprised to find some cash at the bottom of the box - So nice.
I have wonderful friends and neighbors. I want to be kind and give that kind of service to others. I believe that I will someday, even though right now it feels like our tight finances and full arms will never be open and able to give more than they already do. But someday we will.
Someday I'll pay it forward a little more. What else. Natalie's given herself more of a trim. either that or I did a bad job when I did it and didn't realize it until now. Cause she's now gone from bob to pixie cut. Her bob came when she cut it on the left side. I did the right to even it up. Then I noticed on Wednesday that it was shorter on the right side now. So either I did a bad job when I evened it out or she cut it again. So I evened it up on the left and now she's got a cute pixie cut. You're a cute girl, Natalie, but don't cut your hair anymore!
And last documented photo for the day - the girls room:
Yes, our house is still a mess. But I'm hopeful that the house will not be a disaster area for much longer, because I am about to begin teaching the children things I've learned this week in my online challenge class thingy. We're about to make a change around her! "It's gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference! Gonna make it riiiiight, oh!" - MJ Man in the Mirror. Good luck keeping that chin up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...