Monday, December 17, 2018

Two Front Teeth

I had a bad night last night. We went to bed around 11:30, which is normal for us but still pretty late... At 3:45 I woke up on my own and went into the boys' room to see if Ethan was awake. Before we went to bed last night he asked me to wake him up at 3:30, but I didn't promise anything. He had to get up early and drive to the Soundhouse so he could be ready to play for the Crescent Super Band's 5 freaking AM appearance on Channel 5. My 2 cents - NO ONE should be up at 5 AM watching the news or any television for that matter. My goodness. I really didn't want to wake him up, as I'm not sleeping well anyway, so I didn't promise, but I happened to wake up on my own to go to the bathroom, so I thought I'd go check on him. He was awake. Good job buddy (and he got slightly irritated with me that I came in to help... and I was like sheesh, sorry! This teenager... it's like he wants help, but is also offended and feels like we don't respect him as a man if/when we do try to help, it's kinda like a lose-lose situation most of the time when we interact with him. But Dr. Wolf says we will come out triumphantly if we just keep showing up each day) So I went back to bed. But I couldn't fall asleep. My attempt at resting was interrupted when Ethan came in to ask Corey to unlock the tablet that he uses for his sheet music. I continued to lay there until 5, which is when I gave up and got up and went to walk on the treadmill for an hour. On the bright side, my workout was done at 6, yay. So things were just off to a rough start. I have kinda been sleeping all day just trying to recover. So has Ethan.... he got back at 8:00, which was when he usually leaves for school on Mondays. Instead of going to school though, he went to bed. And slept until 3:30. Since we're tough parents, we're not excusing his absences for that. Joseph muscled through it last year, so that's the bar we're holding Ethan to. Just how we show tough love as we try to help this boy become a man.

Some pictures of the day - tonight Sophi lost her other front tooth - so now she can really get in the Christmas spirit by singing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"
Joseph didn't have his front teeth during Christmas of 2006 so it's kinda fun, a little reminder of him. In other news Natalie got new glasses!
Just kidding... she just found an old pair of Sophi's and tried it on. Well if you ever do need them, you'll look super cute, Natalie. That's all to report today, I'm going to try to go to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...