Monday, June 15, 2020

Forty Four Stories

Happy Birthday to my #1.
Last night, I couldn't sleep (no more pandemic news after 9 pm!) and as I lay there trying to relax my brain, I decided to focus on what I could do for Corey's birthday. I started thinking of fun Corey stories, of many of the times he's made us laugh, and I thought I could share FORTY FOUR posts here (...since he's 44 today!) And I am not sure if that is too high of a number, and thought maybe I should just do FOUR and FOUR, but we're gonna try the 44 and see how it goes. And with over 3000 blog posts, I should have enough material to draw from, so we'll see how this birthday tribute goes... (I think it will help me if I break them into different Corey categories...)

COREY IS FUNNY
1) The first one I thought of last night this Family Classic from 2010 of Corey and Hyrum spitting in each others' faces. (Fill in Blank) vs. Hyrum
2) Disney On Ice - also very funny, it's a favorite of mine that still makes me laugh out loud!
3) Saving Us from the heat of Death Valley with his Swamp Cooler skills

COREY IS COMPETITIVE
4) Sauerkraut Battle
5) Birthday Water Fight
6) Another Waterfight!

COREY IS ADVENTUROUS
7) Rio in 2007
8) Waterfall in Costa Rica "A drive in the car and a bathroom break and we're already maxed out..."
9) Maresais Beach
10) Solo in St. George with the Kids
11) Midway when I was at the hospital with Peter

COREY IS PATIENT
12) Swimming with 7 kids choking him
13) Planning a Ski trip for a family of 8
14) Family Classic - 3 year old Abi in "The Hold" (and says she hates Corey)
15) Part 1 - Detained by the Chilean PDI and Part 2 - Jumping Through Hoops to get back to the US
16) The Hold with Lily
17) The Hold with Natalie
18) Teaching A Toddler to Ski
19) Owen in the Hold = cute naptime
20) Skiing with Kids in Park City

COREY IS A GREAT DAD
21) Boating at Jordanelle
22) Homemade Ice Rink
23) Ultimate House Tag in Brazil 2015
24) Classic Fun Center
25) Escape Room
26) Funtopia
27) Camping and Hiking
Picture of us from 2012

COREY IS ROMANTIC
28) Picture of our First date
29) Three and a Half Years Apart
30) And Together Again!
31) Begin Date Night Tradition
32) Early Anniversary Trip to Hawaii "Will this do?"

COREY'S FRIENDS
33) 20 Year High School Reunion
34) Telling Porter Rockwell stories to all the neighborhood kids
35) Us Visiting Angela
36) Angela Visiting Us - he worked harder  ...but I won the "highlight of their trip" award!
37) Jeff and Casey
38) Rafael and Natalia
39) Kiran from India
40) Diego and Iveth
41) Burmese Friends
42) With Brian in Peru
43) Junior
44) Victor

Phew! With all the usual interruptions that only took a couple of hours, not too bad. And Corey has more friends than that, those are just the ones that made the blog, my apologies to anyone if they feel bad that they didn't make the list. I do my best. I do think we'd probably have better stories if Corey blogged life from his point of view, but he's got his hands full trying to provide for our small army. Of course I could have included more, cause he's spiritual, he surfs, he BBQ's, he's got musical talent, soccer moves, and more! But we'll finish there with those 44 and call it good enough! It was a kinda normal work day for him and busy family day here, I'll talk about it tomorrow, but we hope it was still a Happy Birthday for our favorite guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...