Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Is Here

It's CHRISTMAS!!!
Let's all sing it with President Trump: "Christmas is here! Christmas is here!"
It's CHRISTMAS!!!!!
I let the kids do the photo documentary this morning. The kids got up early around 3:30 am, but since there wasn't much loot in the stockings, they just went back to bed. So since they were nice to us by not being noisy at a crazy early hour, we were nice to them and we got up around 8. We met in the front room to see the presents the kids had gotten for each other and for us. 

Next, we headed over to the side room for opening gifts from "Santa" aka Mom and Dad. Corey had a unique numbering system again. The kids would pick up a present, find the small number on it, tell the number to Corey, Corey would look it up on his spreadsheet, and reveal the name of the gift's recipient on the big screen. 
We soon got to a point where everyone had received a gift except for Daniel, who was having a hard time understanding how this unjust system worked. 
I knew one of the sized of Daniel's gifts, so we grabbed one of the presents that had a remote control car in it for him. He was very happy to open it. Owen saw it, then looked at the board game that he had opened, and gave it back to me as he said "Not this one..." He wanted a car like Daniel. And he knew there was one, since he had been at the store with me when I bought them. Sophi got the biggest gift - a huge Friend's Lego set Amusement Park. 
Mel had sent us a package with letters for everyone and some small gifts. She made three little cars out of clay for Peter - Peter holding his big and his very tiny red cars - 
And she got me three lovely sets of earrings - a tree of life, pretty bronze oak leaves, and some red cardinals to remind me of my promised land of Virginia. The kids continue to find and open their gifts. 
A present for me - Corey got me a new phone! Yay! And it's an iphone! Ethan will be so happy for me, no more poor quality photos!
The girls built their legos at the kitchen table - 
Owen, Daniel, and Peter liked this marble run set I got at Kid to Kid. 
Corey was feeling a little sick today, as were Lily and Peter, so we didn't go over to Corey's parents' house or anything. We stayed home and it was fine. Peter was being super fussy tonight though...
I'm a little worried he might have an ear infection like he did a year ago. I took him for a late drive to calm him down and gave him some Tylenol before Corey put him to bed tonight. He was doing better after that. Don't be sick Peter!  
Playing with the little blue and green cars that Mel made. So it wasn't our normal Christmas with all the usual family traditions, but it was still a good day and I think it was a good Christmas for the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...