Saturday, December 5, 2020

Christmas Prep

Last night on date night, Corey and I talked about what I've bought and what we still need for Christmas for the kids. I really think we have enough, plus I also really think we should keep to what we told the kids about our trip to Hawaii being our Christmas gift to our family. Still, I have bought somethings and I told him I'd go over my purchases this morning. So I woke up and first thing, while everyone was still sleeping, and moved all the presents from the garage into our room. I set it out in piles. Corey looked over it, and then said he was going to go shopping for a few more items. I decided I'd like to come with him, so I did. Yay, another date! Wes watched Peter, and was even able to work his magic to get Peter to be willing to get in the carrier! Corey hadn't had success getting Peter to try it last night. Wesley is the Peter Whisperer.


At Costco we probably bought more than we would have had either of us gone on our own. We got 8 storage bins where we can seal things up so the kids can't get at them. We got some chocolates for Christmas gifts for neighbors, a few more thermal garments for skiing, and of course the usual hoard of food. As we were checking out, the cashier said "That will be a half a grand..." yikes. Maybe we're worse together... So after Costco we went to Scheels. "This is where I come to feel better about spending too much money" Corey said. A thermal shirt at Scheels = $99, at Costco we got them for $10! Yay, we're not big spenders, we're bargain shoppers! Scheels is good for creating the value of different items, and then go find it at Costco. I am still really proud of myself and my $225 ski pants that I got at the DI for $10 (second pic there) oh yeah! Corey checked out mountain bike prices so he can be ready for next summer, also thermos' for hot chocolate so he's ready for next time he goes skiing. At home, we got a lunch meal ready to take over to Corey's parents for his dad's birthday. His sister was taking breakfast, we did lunch, and his brother did dinner and dessert tonight. They are good to their parents. I could probably do more for my mom and dad. I made them yummy hummus sandwiches, a Mediterranean salad (used the Costco salad kit) oranges, chips, and Corey went to deliver it. I spent the day blogging. I'm not done catching up recording all of Hawaii yet. I'm always behind on the blog, but that's ok. I've been good so far at getting everything down shortly after the new year, in time to get the blog book printed as Corey's annual anniversary gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...