Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wisdom Teeth Guy

Last night, Wesley helped me start to set up my new iPhone that Corey surprised me with for Christmas. I don’t know why, but I find iPhones a little intimidating because there’s like no buttons to push hardly. But I deleted some stuff off of my old android so that I had space to download the move to iOS app and then Wes helped me finally get all of that got transferred over last night. So this morning it was kind of ready to go, I put on the screen protector which is really nice, and then I told Abi I would let her go to Ross while I went to the store and get my blood drawn. She got ready and came with me. We went by Walmart first and I bought a pop socket which is just like a pink and peach and white marble kind which look nice with the pastel green color of my phone. Abi thought I should get the avocado but it was a little too playful for me. And then I took her to Ross and I went by to get my blood drawn. We should find out tomorrow what the numbers are to verify if the pregnancy has or has not miscarried. I'm certain it has. And I think I am leaning towards just waiting for my body to miscarry on its own. Unlike when I’m pregnant, I’m not in a rush right now to get this over with, I’m OK to let it take a week or two. I guess if it takes three then I’ll have to reconsider.

So this morning I went to get my blood drawn again, and then after that I went to Costco got lotta stuff then went to pick up Abi went shopping at Ross I got home at 1:30 and Hyrum helped me unload the car and then he got in and we headed down to Orem for his wisdom teeth extraction from the wisdom teeth guys. 

We just decided to do this on Monday - backstory: Corey resigned from his job at Rivet two weeks ago and is consulting again. Even though he stopped working there on the 15th, our insurance with them is going to go through the end of the month, so that was nice of them. I've gotten our private insurance all set up - thanks to Mike Russell for his help, he's awesome. If you ever need private health insurance, give him a call. He didn't send me a bill last time, and didn't say anything about payment this time, so I'm hoping he gets some kind of commission from Select Health. Anyway, with Rivet, we also have dental insurance though Thursday, and since we have that, we thought it might be good to take care of Hyrum's wisdom teeth. We're doing this last minute, aka the last week with our dental insurance, but I figured I'd called to check out our options. On Monday I called JBR Clinical Research, where Joseph and Melodie both went, but Hyrum didn't qualify for their current study, and who knows if he'd qualify for the study next month or the month after that. We tried a few times with Ethan and he didn't end up qualifying twice, and then covid happened, but we had to get it done, so we were lucky that we happened to have dental insurance for him when we did get it done before his mission. So, we have a few months before we need to stress about Hyrum getting it done, but instead of waiting around to see if if JBR works and risking having to pay for it without insurance, which could be $800 - $1200 bucks, we decided to just go with the Wisdom Teeth Guys again and do it now, to play it safe. They quoted me $200-$250. That sounded reasonable, so I booked it. They didn't have any openings in Sandy, but did have Tuesday in Layton, or Wednesday in Orem. We opted for Orem, and so I took him today. His appointment was at 3. We left at 1:45. It was good that we gave ourselves 70+ minutes for the drive, because google maps took us to the wrong location on University Avenue. We arrived around 2:40. Peter was asleep in the car, so I sent Hyrum in to try to find their office with no luck. Then I called them and they said they had moved, gave us the correct address, and then we have 10 more minutes to drive over there. We just made it on time for 3 o’clock appointment at the "Utah Valley Dental Assisting with Dr. Ben Hilton" at the Cherry Tree "Professional" Plaza, which didn’t look that professional. 

I was able to sit in the car for a bit and Peter kept napping. Then Hyrum said I needed to sign something, so I woke up P and we went in.


Peter still waking up. He was perfectly behaved. A little grouchy, but didn't let it show.

I signed some stuff, she told me about his recovery, I was worried I had to remember it all but then she gave me a few papers, yay. They handed me Hyrum's glasses, and the IV is in. You ready for this, H?

Peter and I practiced our ABC's out in the lobby. 

Utah Valley Dental Assisting - UVDA

Peter got the A right, but that was it. He called the D a B, and the V "W", and didn't care about U. Still pretty good for a one year old. All of a sudden, I hear some laughing, and I could tell it was Hyrum. I could see him in his chair from the lobby window, and I thought I started recording then, but it's a new phone and I was on video but wasn't recording. I didn't realize it until we were 5 minutes into Hyrum being high and I fear I missed a lot of the best parts, but oh well, nothing I could do about it - 
Hyrum was laughing so hard - and that made Peter laugh and it was so funny to see the two of them laughing at each other, the dental assistants were all laughing too cause of Peter. That was the main part that I was sad to have missed, and of course Hyrum talking. I realized I wasn't recording when I tried to take a still photo of the video and noticed it wasn't in video. Then I started recording. So here's a long 9 minute raw footage video of Hyrum on drugs, cause I don't have time to edit. Hyrum hasn't given me permission to post the video, so it's unlisted, but I still want to share it. Hyrum hasn't seen it yet, but Hyrum don't be embarrassed! You did great for a post-op wisdom tooth patient, there is nothing to be ashamed of. But maybe I'll remove the link if you insist. 
Feeling a little bit like he can think - talking to a friend, some of the thoughts he shared with Aidan: 

"I got new ski boots and I have a new ski technique down but I’m not going to encourage you guys to go skiing because when we went to the youth activities and you guys were going down the bumpy hills and I was like wow you’re like so darn good and I was like that’s crazy! I can’t die... so I went down the easier way.  Ha guys I wish I could just be like this all the time I just feel (laugh) so happy and wouldn’t matter people are mean to me, I’ll just say "it doesn’t matter, I’m happy!" ...yeah it doesn’t matter, did you finish your college applications? Where did you apply? Did you get accepted to BYU Idaho, YES!! We should go there and we can be roommates, I heard that BYU Idaho guy to girl ratio is amaaaazing, I don't have a girlfriend ha ha I’m a bachelor no you should get on discord I’ll do that right now. I see very well. Did you send a message on the Guys chat? Tell the boys to get on discord, I'm as high as a kite and YES! All right... will do"

So back at home, I was attending to Hyrum and catching up on being gone for most of the day and to help me, I brought out the tv to babysit Peter. I had Joseph put it away on Christmas, cause this little guy was freaking out about watching Disney Cars 3, which is seriously the dumbest movie, and we're all sick of it, but Peter loves it. But the tv has been in my closet for 5 days, so Peter really enjoyed me finally letting him veg out...
So relaxed... enjoying watching Mater and McQueen with two cars in his hands.

I've been trying to remember how the recovery went for his siblings. Joseph and Mel were both swollen, and Joseph had some discoloration, Ethan did not swell at all, maybe cause he iced it so well? So Hyrum is keeping the ice on and hopefully he won't get swollen, we'll see!

One finally funny note - tonight Corey worked late because he had a lot of interruptions during the day. One of them calls was from our friend Shelina who is feeling a little too pressured by the missionaries in Mexico to get baptized, so Corey talked with her, and then Corey also got a text from Father David tonight and Corey called him back. Father D said that he's so impressed with the LDS church and LDS families and how he thinks a lot of the Catholics are becoming anti- family and aren't even having kids! So, I don't know if he just wants to have this info on hand, but Father D asked Corey, since Corey has more connections here in Utah, if he could recommend a nice Mormon urologist to him that does vasectomy reversals. So Corey gave all of us some of that backstory and taught the kids some new vocabulary and Joseph was on a phone call with someone in Guatemala and didn't hear the 20 minutes of context lead up, but Joseph walked in as Corey said "I don't want to go to a Catholic Urologist..." and then Corey turned and looked at Joseph and they started laughing. The interruptions are probably a little hard, when they lead to him having to catch up on work hours, but I think Corey enjoys having such interesting friends and interesting stories to tell us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...