Saturday, April 24, 2021

Two Trips to the Rec Center

Here's the daily shot of Peter sleeping. Cute baby. This was an eventful moment because he actually stayed in his room last night! Yay.

This morning was a bit of a rush - we had soccer game and found out too late that it was also picture day. So Lily missed her team photo but was there in time to get an individual photo. We decided it was not out fault though - they didn't send out an email about it, just a last minute flurry of texts at 8 am telling us that pictures were at 8:10, doh. Good thing we had already planned on both Sophi and Lily leaving at the same time with Corey, since their games were close to each other. So then Lily had her game at 9 and Sophi had her game at 10:15. Corey took both of them with him at 8 and they were back a little before noon. I stayed home and tried to get kids to work and practice, with the bribe that if they did, we could go to the gym or go swimming or something. So they did pretty good. Abi and Lily both had to finish homework still so they didn't go to the gym with us the first time. We left at 4 and played racquetball for an hour from 4-5. I was thinking Hyrum and Wes and I would take turns playing a match and watching the little kids. Hyrum and I started a game and I taught him most of the rules (I might not have been correct on a few of them) and then Wes and Owen came in to our court... so I took O out and Hyrum taught Wes. I was glad that Hyrum and Wes had a chance to play, since Hyrum is leaving on Monday. They worked up a sweat and seemed to be having fun. 
Well, other than the occasional screams to the heavens of "why me!?" when they swung an airball or something. 
So Hyrum and Wes got into an intense competition and they ended up playing the whole time. Here's a quick video when I went to check on them before taking another kid to the bathroom. It seemed like as soon as I got back from taking one, then another had to go. It gave us a chance to watch the game from up high. 

Peter is adorable. He came with me when I kept on taking little boys on trips to the bathroom (3x). We liked 
So after an hour of play, we were ready to go home. We went home, had a good big dinner, and then Abi and Lily were done with practicing and stuff so I told everyone to brush their teeth cause we were going to go to bed as soon as we came back home, and we loaded up to go to the CHRC again, this time to go swimming. 

We're new members here, and I learned last night, at our racquetball date night game, that the facility closes at 9. So we planned to swim until 9 and then head home. We got our passes and were heading into the pool at 7:45. A life guard came up to me "Did you just get here?" Yes. "Did you know we close at 8?" No, I did not know that! Good to know! Ok kids, hurry and jump in and swim as much as you can! You've got 15 minutes! Peter by the ugly frog slide -
 
I guess I followed a prompting before we left when I decided to grab the racquetball equipment "just in case". So they swam, then they changed back into their clothes. Well, most of the kids. Daniel didn't bring dry clothes so he was a little uncomfortable and cold. He was able to use Peter's shirt since I brought pajamas for him. And then we went to play racquetball again. 
Everytime we've come or reserved a court, they are all open. That is good for us, cause that means we've got an open and available default activity. The Pickleball courts are always busy, but not racquetball. Hooray for racquetball.

This worked out great, cause I wanted to exercise. I haven't done much the past few months, but I'm ready to lift weights again and get my body back. So I told Abi she was in charge, and told her to not let Peter escape, and I snuck out and got in a quick 30 minute upper-body workout, working lats, shoulders, chest, and quads. I maxed out so I should be sore tomorrow and hope to get tone over the next few months. Checking on the kids from above -

When I got back, they were all happy and having fun and told me the different games they had been playing. As I was packing up the equipment, Abi had to endure the spanking machine as a punishment for hitting someone with her ball - 

They were all telling me funny things that had happened. At one point was a little tired of the noise and all the echoing chaos and set a new rule: "You guys!! Only scream if it is absolutely necessary..." and right then Sophi's stray ball hit her smack in the back... "OOOWW!!!" she yelled, and they all started laughing. Smart-alecky Natalie looked at Abi and said with a little sassy attitude "Look who's screaming now!" and they all laughed. It was a great time. And now we're home and kids are in bed, and I think that this pass is going to be a great thing for us this year. And next time we'll be sure to leave earlier if we're going swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...