Friday, April 16, 2021

Front Room Wall

We have almost been living in this home for 10 years. In fact, in one more month from today it will be exactly 10 years. May 16, 2011 was the official move in date. With such an anniversary approaching, I'm happy to say that we FINALLY have put something on the big wall in the front room!

I like it, it's nice, don't love it, so we might change it if something better comes along, but it's something, and since it's been almost 10 years, something is good. Abi helped me nail it up. Wes asked "So does this mean we can't throw balls against the wall anymore?" Yes. We might try to have a nice guest receiving room, so maybe we'll try to keep pillows off the floor, and will not jump on the couches and ottoman in here either! They were still playing around though and shattered a glass bowl and broke an arm and two fingers off the Christus statue again... They said it was Peter's fault - he was hiding in the cupboard under the little corner shelf where this was kept. 

Sorry that we broke off your arms and fingers again, Jesus! It is an unstable shelf, so maybe we'll have to find a new and safer place for it. Speaking of the Savior - We just watched The Chosen Season 2 espisode 3 last night. The Chosen is such a gift! I sure love this series. I feel like I'm learning more about Christ and how I can learn to be like him. Tonight for example (spoiler alert) when the apostles started to bicker and argue, I was like "Jesus is going to come and find them arguing..." and then sure enough, the Savior starts to walk into the camp after a day of working and serving and healing and blessing people (Matthew 4:24) and, being of a parent mindset, I was totally expecting him to chastise them (in a nice way) for being idiots and not getting along. That's what I do when my kids are fighting, right!? But what did The Chosen version of Jesus do? He just walked by and told them "Good night". They knew the bad things they were doing without a word from him. They knew already. Lots of times, my kids know already when they are being stinkers. I will still chastise and lecture them, I'm sure, but I'm also going to try and pause that natural response sometimes and I'll just walk past, tell them that I love them and goodnight, and will let the spirit work on them. Anyway, I just love it. And I don't want to be like a greenie apostle who holds on to past prejudices (Season 2 Episode 1) and starts petty arguments. I want to forgive and love and be a little more like Phillip (Season 2 Episode 2). Anyway, it's really good. With season 1, the first two episodes are a little slow as you try to understand who is who and what's going on, but after that, you'll might be hooked and will binge the rest of the season like we did!

What else... I've been working in the basement a lot this week. Trying to organize junk and get personal preparedness stuff organized. I ordered 4 buckets of steel cut oats, which will be really nice to have. The Costco boxes are kinda too small for our needs. It will be nice to have a bucket of oats. While I worked and organized, the kids played legos and climbed the walls and on the toys...

Peter showing me his tricks - he can scale the wall of the pirate ship! Wow Peter, good job. He is a cutie. Playing a game with Wes. I want to be like Peter. Such a sweet little one, he is of the kingdom of heaven. 


Oh, and this morning at 10:30 I got my first covid vaccine shot. 

I chose TOSH to get it because it was the only IHC place in the SL valley that offered the J&J vaccine, and I wanted that one so that I'd only have to get one shot, but then on Monday the news headlines said that that shot is on hold now for some reason. I wasn't sure if they'd cancel my appt, but I didn't get an email or anything, so I went and they were giving the Moderna one. No biggie, I was going to go to Costco afterwards, but Corey said he'd like to go with me, so we're putting that off until tomorrow. But I still had an itching to run an errand, and when I saw Home Goods, I thought I'd go in and try my luck once again. Hence, our new front room wall decor. On my drive home, my check engine light came on. So after unloading the car and putting that up, I took my car in. I like having a place to go that I trust, thank you Burt Bros. They said the piece I need, an oil pressure sensor valve, will be there at 8am tomorrow and that I shouldn't drive it in it's current condition, so I'm without a car, but yay for me for taking it in right away. Yay that Hyrum is still here and was able to pick me up. He and Joseph leave on the 26th for Philadelphia. I think we're letting them borrow the Fiesta in exchange for them fixing it up (the passenger door and both rear view mirrors. Poor car, we're sorry we gave you to the teenagers.) Burt Bros recommended some other stuff and the grand total will be $500, yay. That's about it. The missionaries came over for a visit tonight at 7, and then Corey and I took a late date night. Most restaurants were closing since it was 9pm, so we went by Costa Vida. It's nice to spend time with Corey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...