Monday, April 19, 2021

Play, Prep, Park

Happy Monday. Things are good. I bought a dinosaur lego to have on hand and I ended up giving it to Daniel and Peter in a moment of weakness. 

I shouldn't have any toys on hand, cause I just give them to the kids. Here's a pic of Natalie talking with Mel and Hyrum today.
Hyrum has been working for my parents for a few months, helping them with office work, like Ethan did. He's enjoyed it I think and I know my parents have appreciated the help. Ethan started working for them to help us not argue with him when he was home, back when he was my hard teenager. They called a while ago saying they sure missed the help and so that's why Hyrum started going over. Maybe Wes or Abi will take over after Hyrum leaves. We've got one week until Joseph and Hyrum head out for Pennsylvania. Joseph wants a car, but the price of car insurance made him look for an alternative. So we are going to let them use the Fiesta in exchange for them paying to fix the rear view mirrors. I think it's a win win. The driver's side mirror is made out of duct tape right now...
And the passenger side mirror has been missing for a while...
It will be good to have it fixed, and hopefully it won't get beat up too much in PA and so it will be returned in better condition than it leaves us in next Monday. I think they have it scheduled to go in for repairs over the weekend. Joseph is finishing finals and then we get to see him for a few days and then they'll be off. This is Hyrum's last week of in person school of his senior year and he'll be graduating soon! Last thing - I took the kids to the park tonight. Go me! 

Lily and Sophi played on the park with their little brothers. 

We took two soccer balls - Abi and I kicked the soccer ball around while and Sophi played with Peter too.
Want to see my bruised knee that I hurt last Wednesday when I tripped at the church? I pulled up my sweat pants to document it - it's the left knee below. Big bruise, right?! All I did was trip on a wood gym floor, but you'd think I was kicked by a horse.

While we were playing, I got a phone call from a high school friend who has a son in Wesley's seminary class. Wes had told me a bit about it, but I guess there was a heated discussion today about marriage and lgbtq rights that took up the whole class period. We'll be talking to our kids about it a bit more. I'm going to start reading Tom Christofferson's book "That We May Be One: A Gay Mormon’s Perspective on Faith and Family". I've had it for a while, so it will be good to read it. From what we've heard, we have been so impressed with how the Christofferson family has handled the situation. When they, as a family, were trying to decide if it was ok for their kids to see their uncle with his gay partner, the parents told their children: "The most important thing your children will learn from how our family treats their Uncle Tom is that nothing they can ever do will take them outside the circle of our family's love.” The family embraced them, not shying away or hiding it from the kids. Here's a great video about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...