Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Backpacking Trip and Museum

Yesterday, Lily left for a little backpacking trip with some of the young women in our neighborhood. They went up to Desolation Lake and spent the night. They were on their way back home early at 10am and she was home before lunch and in time to join us at Thanksgiving Point.

Yesterday when she was all suited up and ready to go, I thought she made a pretty cute little hiker.

And before they left, and after a short walk down the street to our neighbor's house, she was already starting to shed her layers.

It was nice weather for them and Lily said there were gorgeous wild flowers everywhere. After she got home, she cleaned up and then I got the kids out of the house by taking them to Thanksgiving Point for the first time this summer. 

I'm glad we went, and I'm grateful Lily was there to help me. We were all together a few times, like when they were playing the projected video game with their feet - 

But most of the time they were scattered, so it was very helpful to have Lily there with her phone. I went up and helped Sophi sign up for a Canopy tour. I told the kids they could go, but they had to pay for it themselves. For Sophi, it was worth  She paid for it by herself. Natalie would have done it too, but she didn't have secure footwear so she wasn't able to. Her canopy tour time was a 1:30. Peter and I stayed and waited with her until her time. They took some photos in a photo both that was out of order... so I stuck in my hand holding my phone in selfie mode and got these treasures ~

That's it! You get four pictures. Oh, you want to do it again? ok...

I was able to look down onto the first floor. Lily is still doing good watching the kids. Daniel has made himself a chair and footrest. 

Sophi's tour has started, have fun Sophi! 

Sophi's tour would be 45 minutes, which would be a good time for us to head home. We needed to leave by 2:30 so that Lily could be home in time to go to her clarinet lesson. I went downstairs to relieve Lily and watch the kids play. They had been busy making a home. They had bed, tables, chairs, and Natalie made a sofa, coffee table, big screen tv and remote! You are very creative Nataloo

I climbed around in the jungle with Peter and we went down a slide a few times (it was not a very comfortable ride). Natalie and Peter about to make a crash landing!

The kids scattered, but it is helpful that it's such an open space, so I was able to usually find them even if I wasn't right with them. From where I was in the jungle gym, I could see Daniel below - who has just come off the slide - 

Lily on her phone making art.

Sophi above us in the canopy. Owen was somewhere, Lily saw him. Ok, that's all of us. 

When Sophi was done, we gathered the kids and headed home. And were able to avoid that darn gift shop right at the entrance that has candy and toys to tempt the kids. We met Corey and he took Lily to her lesson and we headed home for a short break before taking Sophi to soccer practice. She usually has it on Mondays and Thursdays, but she had it today instead because she went to the practice with the United team that she'll be playing with in the tournament next weekend. I like the Butler fields much better for practice, because the playground is shaded from the sun. Midvalley Elementary's playground kinda stinks in that regard - it's like in a parking lot surrounded by nothing. Peter seemed happy here.

He went round and round on the slide.


Natalie and her brothers made up some game on this circular coaster thing. They each had 5 lives, and if they touch the ground they die and lose a life.

Peter and I enjoyed the double swing. 

I'm doing good. I've had my arm wrapped up in a bandage yesterday and today cause I had a fall on my bike yesterday morning at Corner Canyon. I started at the Coyote Trail Head, took Clark's trail up to Peak View, then down Rush to come back to the Coyote Trail Head. I fell on Rush when the bike got a little stuck in a divot in the path and I went over the handlebars. I felt like I was in baseball sliding into home base, but with my arm instead of my feet. I got a real good scratch all up my inner right arm. Luckily I had gloves on, so that saved my hands. My legs were fine too cause I was wearing pants, but darn it I was wearing a short sleeved shirt, and as I slid across the dirt it ripped my underarm. It hurt and I gave it a good scrubbing when I got home. Ouch. My first biking injury. I hope I don't have any more!

One last picture from tonight - Peter during prayer. 

I need to sneekily take a video of him when he says the prayer, cause it is freaking adorable.

He is adorable, we love Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...