Thursday, July 29, 2021

Main Street

Today it was more of the same, but we also did some new stuff that we've never done before! Of course there was crafts in Grandma's room at 10 - Making necklaces again!

Daniel was singing as he threaded beads, it was cute. 

Peter played with beads too, just to not be left out, but mostly he was interested in his collection of cars.

Peter has kinda not let his cousins love on him much, until... they broke out the bubbles today! 

If you've got bubbles in your hand, then this little boy will jump off of his mother's lap in a dash and will run to you and be your best friend!

So cousin Alix is glad that she learned this trick! Now she and Peter are tight (as long as she's got bubbles near by!)

We went to the city park for a picnic lunch and bike ride.

There were a lot of kids at the park. It looked like there were several day camps that were having activities and picnics like us. 

Pushing on the swing.

Abi pushing Sophi and Natalie on the tire swing.

It started to rain and we took cover under a pavilion. I had planned to do the picnic at Shoe Tree Park, but now seems like a good time to eat while we wait for the rain to stop.

It was a good downpour for like 5 minutes, then a drizzle, and so Corey and I went to get the bikes off of the rack. I called for the kids to come get their bikes, and when I looked over, I was surprised to find Lily and Abi being surrounded by a swarm of children. Lily was doing a magic trick, it was cute.

The kids all wanted a turn and they were jumping and cheering "ME! ME!!!"

Lily and Abi might have a children's summer camp day care career in their future. We didn't mean to end their fun, but we had a bike ride to go on! I had gone exploring on my bike alone this morning (Nancy wasn't feeling well and also had a job interview) so I went around the City and along the little trail and took it all the way out to Quinn's Trailhead, then back to the hotel. It is a nice little paved trail and I thought we should take the kids on it. So we did. Daniel on the left, Owen on the right, Sophi, Natalie, and Rhyan up ahead.

We stopped at Shoe Tree Park.

The kids played by the stream for a bit.

Corey went ahead up to Main Street to find a place to lock up bikes, and then came back for us, and we followed him to find the moose that was wearing pants. 

Pretty crazy! It had boots and a hat on too. Park City Main Street is a fun place.

We almost bought ice cream for the kids, to make a memory, but it was $5 for 1/2 cup... Corey was still about to, but then he got a phone call and we made our exit.

It's ok, we have ice cream back at the hotel. (I'm not giving it to you until tomorrow, but we do have some). Ready to bike back to the park. Peter is the cutest.

Back at the hotel - the kids enjoying one of their favorite past times at Park City: television.

We had dinner (chicken, tortellini and veggies) and then roasted some smores.

Smores were the treat from yesterday, but kids had scattered so we saved it for today - that means double dessert day!

They went swimming some more. 

The big kids have all been super helpful with Peter and the little boys this week, which is probably a big part of why I've enjoyed more freedom up here than I've ever had before (hence all the bike rides). Speaking of bike rides... Corey wants to take more kids on the Mid Mountain Trail. I thought they should have to pass off a skills test of being able to do uphill, which Mid Mountain has, and some downhill turns, which Mid Mountain has a lot of. So we took Sophi and Natalie out tonight for a trial run at Round Valley. They did great biking up and up and up. I haven't explored all the trails out here, so I just took them on the one that Nancy and I have done. I thought they could do it, and I would have made them, but I think we just started too late again and I was worried it would be too dark to finish it.

We'll start earlier next time. It proved to be more up than Natalie could handle, so even though we were almost there, we were just starting Porcuclimb, but Natalie couldn't take it anymore and so we turned around and went back to the trail head. Sophi would have kept going, but I was worried of losing light if we took Rusty Shovel, which is the one that I know. I'm sure I'll learn tomorrow that there was a faster way down, but oh well. We're all still learning. They did great though and it was fun for Corey and I to bike with them. Corey also gained some insight as to what he wants to do for his career. He is not very interested in safe, wide and boring trails. He prefers fun, fast, narrow, bumpy... you know, with stuff to make it interesting. So we'll see where that leads him in his career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...