Friday, July 2, 2021

Roots of Knowledge!

Tonight for date night, Corey and I enjoyed a tour of the Roots of Knowledge exhibit at the Bingham Gallery at Utah Valley University. IT WAS SO COOL. 

I only just heard about this one month ago when a neighbor Bridget mentioned it at Joseph's friend's fiance's bridal shower. Last week I thought Joseph and Emily and Corey and I could go see it for our date night, but when we went to book a tour, they need 3 days notice, so Joseph booked it for him and Emily and they went on Tuesday before they headed to Bear Lake, and they said it was really cool, so then I went online and booked an appointment for us to go today. The only hiccup tonight was me not knowing my way around the campus and where to park, but once we got there I was amazed. I thought it was sooooo cool. A UVU student who is an art history major gave us our tour. It was super neat. You can go look at it online, but you should really go see it in person. I took a lot of pictures of parts I liked, and especially a lot of quotes in the stained glass mural, but I won't post many, since you can find better quality images online at the virtual tour. But here are a few....

"The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing" 

And Corey and I both laughed at this one: "Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held it's ground" - ha!
I even caught some of the hidden Easter Eggs in the mural - like these two musical artists playing classical music! 
I recognized Steven Sharp Nelson first, then Jon Schmidt, so fun! There were little things like that all throughout the mural - including a Millenium Falcon flying through space. Corey sitting and reading a pamphlet about it after our tour was over - 

I loved it, and I can't believe I hadn't heard of this before. People should be raving about this, cause it is amazing. Our tour was at 7:30 so we were there when the evening sun was shining thorough the glass. Truly beautiful and amazing again. I love people who create such amazing things and share them with us. I want a mural in our home with our life stories and adventures. 

If we don't get it done in this life, then in the next life for sure I am hiring these artist to come create something for me, and maybe they'll let me make it with them. I'd love to work on something like this, so neat, I loved it. It was a great date night and way to end our day after a beautiful beginning this morning with this sunrise. The sky was on fire!

God is amazing, this world is amazing, people are amazing and I love seeing all of God's gifts to us and gifts that he's given to man. My heart is full today, I love it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...