Saturday, March 26, 2022

Temple, Violin, Soccer, & Biking

It was a good Saturday. Mel, Wes, Abi, and Lily went to the Jordan River temple to do baptisms early at 7. 

Abi scheduled that herself again, I'm impressed. Corey and I went to Draper yesterday morning for a session, since it was an online school day for the elementary kids and no school for jr, high kids. So it was a good chance for Corey and I to go, plus I knew we wouldn't be able to do it this morning with all of our sitters gone. Corey stayed home with the little boys... including this one that we're trying to figure out how to keep out of our bed. 

(I actually don't mind so much where Peter is as long as I get to sleep too, but it would be good if he could start to sleep through the night before the baby comes... I don't think I can juggle night time interruptions from both of them...) So MWAL were at the temple this morning, C was home with ODP, and I woke up Sophi and Natalie early at 7 for Suzuki Federation down at SLCC. We entered the same doors where Natalie had her ballet performance last summer. Here's a cute pic from yesterday of Sophi getting in one last practice session of her pieces. Peter is always very quick to have us get his little violin too so he can practice with her. 
(HE IS SO CUTE)
We left around 7:45 this morning and got there with time to spare so we could figure out where to go. They left their cases downstairs, then went up to the performing rooms.
I was really impressed with the pieces that the kids played who went before us. They looked about the same age as Sophi and Natalie, but were doing amazingly hard songs in Books 3 and 4. I think we could be practicing harder and smarter, so I'm trying to think of what might work to motivate us all to work harder and learn more. There was a sign on the door that said no filming or pictures, and I obeyed for Sophi. She performed Witches Dance and Two Grenadiers. After I obeyed the rules for Sophi, I regretted it, so I did take one of Natalie. 
She played Minuet 2 and Happy Farmer. The room they were supposed to be in was locked, so our room was a hallway, but it was fine. Then we went to Costco, since we were downtown. I wanted to check to see if they still don't have ricemilk, and they don't. It's sad. I enjoyed buying rice milk in bulk and wholesale, but now I just have to go to Walmart every week and clear their shelf of the Rice Dream, if they have any. They often don't, but Friday I hit the jackpot and got 11 liters, o yeah. Corey can't do almond milk or oat milk, but he's ok with ricemilk, so that is my life, since I don't do cow milk and haven't for a few years. Corey will still get some sometimes to make tapioca. Anyway, so yeah, went to the store, got home, Corey took kids to his parents' house so that they could play and he could get work done. I took Abi to her soccer game. She was the green team. She said they lost 12-0. I lost count, but I'm not sure if their score was that high, but maybe it was. She got a slight sunburn. 
Then with all the little kids gone, I was able to sneak out with Mel and she and I went ON A BIKE RIDE!!! AT Corner Canyon!! 
The trail was nice and dry, and there were quite a few bikers out. We could still see snow up higher in the hills but they'll all be open soon. I love biking. We parked at Draper City Park and took the Porter Rockwell Trail and then did the little trail loop across from the cycle park that we took Angela and her family on try last September. It's a short, easy and fun green trail, so I hope it's not totally irresponsible of me to do that pregnant. I'm so excited to bike this summer and fall! I was telling Mel all about the trails and which ones are good and fun and pretty in the fall. It's going to be great to share it with her. 

We're trying to make space for Mel in the house. We started Monday evening by simply trying to move up a desk so Mel would have a place to work, and that has turned into a 5 day project of us switching the girls rooms all around. It's almost done - they all just need to finish putting their clothes away. Yesterday was a good cleaning day for me and I picked up everything off the floor in their rooms and shoved it in laundry baskets and onto their beds and I got the floors vacuumed. Here are the before the change pictures - Lily and Sophi's room, Sophi in middle and Lily on bottom:

I took those pics on Jan 22, when I was doing awesome at keeping the house clean (still am, pretty much). Abi and Natalie shared a room - Natalie's desk on the right, Abi's on the left.

And the boys room looks the same now as it did in January. Wes on the white loft bed, the 3 little boys in the triple bunk, O on top, D in the middle, and P on bottom.
The house isn't as clean now as it was in January, but I guess it was pretty important to me and I get a lot of pride out of a clean house, since I blogged about it a lot when I was on that cleaning streak. I'm going to try and get back on it. I'm hoping some nesting instincts kick in soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...