Friday, March 18, 2022

WAMA

I don't document much of the individual activities for my high schoolers. I'm hoping they are keeping journals and are starting to document their own lives a little for themselves. I guess they kinda do via Instagram? I find that hard to search though. I do try to share events and dance photos if I can, if they send them to me. I've tried to share at least one dance for each kid (Joe, Mel, Eth, I don't think I got one for you Hyrum! We'll blame it on covid) Here is my token post to cover all and any of Wesley's high school dances. I got pictures of Wes and his group cause I took the pictures. 

It was getting dark but they turned out better than I thought!)
They were a little late arriving at our house and after half of them got here, they needed to wait for the other kids cause their costumes were in their car. So near the end, after I did couples pictures of everyone, we did some group shots, one with a flash and one without
Daniel provided some entertainment inside them while they were waiting, being the cute and social little man that he is, and he wanted to be in the photo, so we humored him. He was really impressed with his cousin Jordyn who made an amazing Elastigirl! Her outfit and look was spot on Helen Parr.
Wes and his friends... Indiana Jones, Mr. Incredible, Spiderman, and Thing 1.
They seemed like a good group of kids. They had a painting activity earlier and dinner at Zupas, and then after the dance they came to our place and watched a movie. They chose Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which I haven't seen for years but I came down near the end. I was surprised that I remembered the gummy bear line in the closing credits, I think my siblings and I must have said that a lot to each other for that to still me in my retrievable memory. Anyway, it's late, that ended at 12:30, and now Wes is taking his date home and I'm killing time here until he gets back. I haven't stayed up this late for a while, but that's ok. 

One other thing from today - I was checking on Peter this afternoon - he collapsed from exhaustion mid-game.
Usually when he puts himself down for a nap, he'll curl up in a stink bug pose, so this flat relaxation made me smile. He must have been really tired to just lay down like that.
I'm tired too, 1 am and Wes just got home, heading to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...