Saturday, February 18, 2023

Anniversary Ski Trip

On Thursday night, Corey and I left for a little anniversary ski getaway! Ah, just the two of us.

In 2021 we took an anniversary ski trip and had 9 kids in tow. Not this time. Covid was responsible for that group trip, but this time it was just us... and Katharine of course, cause she's still nursing... and Abi... and Natalie, cause we needed some babysitters, and they both could do it cause they still had a ski day at Snowbasin (they missed out when everyone skied here on the day after Christmas.) So, it wasn't ideal, but we'll take what we can get. I told the kids to not expect something like this again, and you kids at home that weren't able to come, don't think that you're gonna get a turn next year! This was just a fluke, again. But it was fine. So we drove up to Wolfcreek late Thursday night, babysitters watched tv and weren't much help, but that's fine cause K didn't want to hang out with them either. She loves ME and only wants ME. Lucky me. Yesterday morning, we woke up, I stretched for a bit, then packed up and left to go skiing at Snowbasin. It was just my second time there, but the first time I went I wasn't able to ski or explore much, so this was my first real taste of it. It was really fun! Unloading our lunch for the day, and our provisions to keep baby K dry and happy. 

I hung out with her first, and Abi and Natalie went skiing with Corey. 
Not how I thought I'd spend an anniversary trip, but that's ok. Soon Natalie was tired of skiing, and she wanted stay with Katharine (aka use the ipad with Katharine in close proximity). So soon I left Natalie and Katharine at the lodge, then I found myself sitting on a ski lift all alone, trying to find Corey on Life 360, not really knowing the resort or where to go. Smiling at strangers, hey, yeah I'm here skiing for my anniversary. Trying to find my husband... Also let it be noted that Corey and Abi are both way better skiers that I am, so, it was kinda them skiing off ahead and me tagging along way behind...
I'd try to keep up with them, praying as I skied at a speed way faster than I was comfortable, praying outloud to God "Please don't let me break my leg..." It seemed like they were the couple and I was the third wheel.
Kinda funny. We left Abi's phone with Natalie and checked in on her now and then. She's a very chill mother. She always said everything was fine, and we didn't hear screaming in the background, so we trusted her. At the end of the day, we go to see for ourselves the status of things.  
Natalie had K pinned with an armrest across her like a roller coaster lap bar - K seemed happy though! 
No complaints here! ...although Katharine wouldn't let me get away with treating her like that, no fair. Maybe she lowers her standards when her sisters are in charge. Or perhaps I let her bully me around. We let Natalie do what she wanted and were grateful she kept Katharine alive and happy while we skied. We are all still alive, no broken bones, I'd call that a successful ski day. On the drive home, Abi said "Mom! Give me your phone! I need to take a picture of Katharine! She looks like an angel!!
Look at how she was holding her sweet little hands! Ok, that is super precious. So reverent!
Then, today, Corey and I finished off our anniversary weekend with a little bit of climbing at Momentum. We sent V1s-V3s until we both got flappers. I went to the store and picked up groceries for our fancy dinner tomorrow. And now I need to go finish preparing for my lesson, I'm leading the discussion in Sunday School on the Sermon on the Mount. So I'm going to go try and prep a little more for that now! It's been a busy week and full weekend, but it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...