Sunday, June 25, 2023

Wes is 18!

Happy EIGHTEENTH Birthday Wes! You made it! You are an adult!
Wes, you are a handsome young man. Daniel, you're a cutie too. The birthday treats for today were Crumble cookies from my mother. She added some of her own decorations: WES - 6/25/05 #5 and #4 (5th child, 4th boy) "great things are ahead!" I was lame and only gave Wes $50 bucks, which was my gift to Lily two days ago too. (Not the same $50 bill - haha, I didn't give him Lily's, although that's an idea.) It wasn't a regular Sunday - it was a bit busier than most. Corey and Wes had a priesthood meeting at 2:15, then they all went to visit Corey's mother, then they came back for a Tabernacle training fireside for all the youth at 6. The Tabernacle is coming to Draper, and our stake is among the stakes helping out, so the kids are doing that on July 7th! Cool! Sophi gave a talk at church today. I took this screen shot as I listened from the mother's room as I nursed K
We also had a wonderful speaker - Shannon Cloward's mom! It was so great to hear from her! And today was Shannon's birthday too! I had forgotten that Shannon and Wesley shared a birthday. I love Shannon and her mom. And though I'm not related to her and I guess didn't really even know her for that long, I still claim her as a dear friend and I look forward to seeing her again when I die. 
After church, we came home and I didn't want to make lunch, so I got the cookies and ice cream out. No complaints from the kids with that.
Crumble Cookies and ice cream were the main course on the family dinner menu today as well.
Atleast we try to limit ice cream and desserts to birthdays. Although they do seem to show up unexpectedly on many other occasions. 
Katharine taking a selfie with my phone after getting her fill of sugar.
Abi and I practiced some acro flows today, ha! I saw this on Jenedy Paige's instagram and I was thinking Corey and I could do this no problem, but turns out it's quite challenging. (Jenedy's was better that what we did, in case you were wondering). 
Abi - here's a few more to try next time! Today was a first for Katharine - Natalie put her hair up in pig tails for the first time!
Although they looked more like bug antennea. What do you think, Katharine?
I think she likes them. 

Ethan gave Wesley a call tonight on our Wride Nation messenger video. Wes confessed that it just felt like a regular day. Ethan consoled him that it will only get worse from here, and how it's especially depressing on a mission. Oh no! I'll try to do something to make Hyrum's happy in August. And Wesley, I'll put it on my calendar now to try and give you a good mission birthday next year. One other bit of their conversation - "You've had a glow up" - E said to Wes, followed by "You've definitely gotten more attractive..." to which Wesley replied "That was weird, never say that to me again." Ha! I sent that to Mel for the quote wall. They are funny kids, they get it from their father. They all seriously make me laugh everyday. Well Wes, to quote Ethan - "Good talk, happy freakin' birthday."

One item of good news: I finished blogging February tonight! Ugh, I'm so behind! But good job me, keep at it. I've got 9 to do for March to be caught up with that month. Then we'll attack April and May. My BeReal went off when I was blogging, with Natalie looking over my shoulder. Natalie and I have the same hair - 

And a final note from yesterday - I've been struggling about an upcoming trip (it also might just be pms...) I'm torn cause I feel like I should go, but I don't want to take Katharine, but I don't want to leave her.... ugh. I don't want to bring her cause I'm going by myself, and that would be too much for me to be in the airport with luggage and her and her carseat... Mel agreed weeks ago to come help Corey care for her while I'm gone so as of now I've decided to leave K. I've never left a nursing baby! I've never gone on a plane by myself since before my mission when I went to visit a friend in Nebraska. I don't do stuff like this, esp leaving my nursing child. Ugh... but yesterday I picked Mel up from frontrunner and I had been crying, kinda been complaining all day, pondering at temple when I went to do initiatories, wondering what is at the root of my indecision: I don't want to take K, but don't want to have to pump, but don't want to leave her here, yeah I'm a mess. I felt better today - hoping it doesn't come back, cause I don't want to be a crying mess for the next 3 days. I opened up the Book of Mormon looking for an answer today - and the first verse I read: Alma 57:3, at the top left column: "therefore we began to make preparations to go..." I will continue to make preparations to go on this trip I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...