Yesterday morning, I went up the canyon and piddled around for a while doing nothing important but having fun doing it. I was moving rocks to try and make a spot where I could cross the creek, but it was futile. I needed bigger rocks, but I can't lift the bigger rocks. So after 20 minutes I gave up and wandered some more - I came to the spot where Daniel wanted to cross the creek on a fallen tree last week, and I tried that, and I made it across!
And that's when I discovered that, without a path or trail, you have access to a whole lot of nothing. It's just fallen trees and impassible space. So I need to come up with a hoe, shovel, and saw or something to try and give myself access to spaces. ...not sure if that's legal? But I did find one place along some rocks where I was able to go down to a soft spot close to the creek behind some bushes. Secluded - check. Can hear the water - check. Spot to lay down - check. I unzipped my little backpack and got out the toddler blanket that I have been bringing along on my wanderings, and made myself comfy.
I read my scriptures up there and did a little stretching, it was fun. This morning Corey and I took a ride to ruins, I got 3 women local legends. I turned around at one point cause we passed Jill and I thought maybe I'd ride up with her again, so I started to try and catch up to her, then I decided I didn't want to do that again haha. 11.39 miles. At home today, Katharine colored Bluey pictures while I registered LSNO for school.
You're so good at coloring, huh Katharine! School will be shortly upon us and then it will just be Katharine and I playing all day. School registration for the elementary opens on Monday.
For our date night to tonight, after going out to eat at Aubergine and before going to water my sister's garden, I asked Corey if I could show him my new spot. So we went up to Lisa, walked along Techy, then took a right to the creek and found the log - hiked across the creek, and then we wandered a little bit and found another creek, actually a fork - Hogum Fork - and I wanted to cross that, so Corey worked at it with me. He got across without getting his feet wet, impressive. Then he found a fallen log, grabbed it with his belt to pull it toward him...
and that moved the other end toward me and I was able to grab it. We each held an end (it's not a wide fork) and we placed it across the fork and secured it with a few rocks and a few other logs and sticks and I got a stick to be my hiking stick to help me balance and soon I made it across, yay! It was fun. We found a lean to on the other side of the fork, where someone has cut logs and nailed them to two trees to kinda build a wall, not sure who has been working up there or if that is legal... We didn't see any signs that pointed to 2026 life. I might take photos of it so I can see if it changes so I'll know if it's currently being worked on or if it was just some guy's project from a few years back. Walking back to the creek and looking over our dominion.It would be fun to forge a path up to the ruins on the south side of the creek. Something to work on. I want to bring the boys up here, I bet we'd have a lot of fun playing "minecraft". For Corey and I, I joked that it was like we were Adam and Eve, the first two people in this world, surrounded by nature, sent out from the bliss and protection of the Garden, now trying to figure out what we were going to do with ourselves and how to build a home or where we are going to sleep at night. But in reality, those things are figured out. We have a home, we have cars, kids have school, we have a life. So after playing pretend for a bit we headed back home. I went to water my sister's garden. She has a cute little garden. I'd like a garden someday. I tried it before here, but the deer ate it, so before I try again some year, we need to figure out how to secure our yard. I did see this video the other day about "air layering technique", amazing! I'd love to see if I can do that with a pink lady apple tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment