Wednesday, August 8, 2018

A Few Plant Based Favorites

Thought I'd just recommend a few of our plant based favorite foods -

Ricemilk - it's everyone's favorite, we usually buy the Kirkland brand in the green box at Costco. We don't even have drama about anyone missing cow milk. We like the original ricemilk over the soy or almond drinks, although I use almond milk in my green smoothies. Speaking of green smoothies - My current go to smoothie recipe is below: (WARNING - you need to have to have tastebuds that are not desensitized from an overload of sugar and fat to enjoy this, so work up to it slowly if you need to by adding more blueberries and bananas at first, and my bananas, blueberries, and spinach are usually all frozen):
  • 1/2 to 1 c. non dairy milk substitute
  • spinach
  • frozen blueberries
  • handful of baby carrots
  • banana
  • ice to taste
Purple Carrot Meal Delivery - I've mentioned these guys a few times. Great delicious meals delivered to your door. And, if you don't want to fork out the money for that, go look up the recipes and try them, you can do that for free! i usually have the best luck finding all the ingredients at Smiths. Two of my favorites: Stuffed Sweet Potatoes and Chickpea Saag. You can search here for links to other recipes I've made and mentioned here on the blog. I'm making the stuffed sweet potatoes tonight. And as a tip, I usually have the best luck finding all the ingredients at Smiths. Like, I looked unsuccessfully for Mango Chutnety at Good Earth, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, googling it, looking at Walmart, before finding it at the nearest store to us - Smiths just down the street! So Smiths' is usually where I go first now for rare or less common items and I've had good success.

Restaurants - For Lily's birthday dinner date we went to California Pizza Kitchen - the Shanghai Power Bowl was amazing! We also love Aubergine - they have so many plant based options. We don't get out there often enough for me, but I just love it - delicious salads and for your sweet tooth - "nice cream!"

And, for when you need nice cream to go - I just discovered this delicious dairy free dessert this week, it is "so delicious" - introducing So Delicious Cashew Cookies and Cream. I bought it last week and remembered I had it last night. I had a little bit last night and enjoyed the rest by myself today. I promise I'll share it with my kids next time. But I had to try it out first to know if it was good, so now I know and next time I'll buy enough to share with everyone. I'd show you what it looks like all pretty and served in a dish, but I can't, cause I ate it all.
Hyrum is going to love this - I am happy I've found some perfect "nice" cream for his birthday on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...