Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Another Driver

Ethan's been waiting long and hard for this day. Yeah, poor kid, he turned 16 in March! But we already had two extra drivers. And life was busy with the end of school, then busy in the summer with getting Joseph off. Ethan's goal was to get it before school started, and we're taking care of that stuff this week, and so it is time. But I told him he's not on the insurance yet, so he doesn't totally have the ok to drive. But he is happy and had a spring in his step today knowing that license was in his pocket. And that was good to see him so happy.
I told him around 8:30 this morning that I'd take him, but he didn't see that until he woke up at 11. And then as he was checking if he had everything, it turned out that his drivers ed teachers hadn't submitted his stuff online and there were a few other things he had to complete/fill out or whatever. It took him two hours to get it all ready, and then the day had started and I was busy with kids and getting chores done and such. I told him maybe let's wait and go early tomorrow, cause it would be less busy in the morning instead of now at 2:30, plus I had an appointment at 4 to get the windshield replaced on the Fiesta (another back to school task) but he thought we'd be quick, and if it wasn't he was willing to come with me to the windshield place or to stay at the DMV. So we went. I turned on my timer and was watching the clock. But wow, it was so fast, our Draper DMV is awesome! We were walking in at 2:51, and we were walking out at 3:04! It just took 13 minutes! So I was amazed and Eth was happy I had time to take him home so he could get some hours in practicing his music. So wow, go UTAH! Way to break the Zootopia stereotypes about slow DMVs full of sloths- you guys rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...