Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Take a Deep Breath

Well, here we are. There are two more days of August, and I have only done 5 posts to record the happenings of our home. AND I still need to catch up on May ...and every month after that. But right now I can't find where I put my planners, which is where I keep my notes of what happened in all those past days from months ago. Some of my other current obstacles are a computer that is glitchy and slow that I often need to reboot when I go sit at it and think I'm going to be able to blog for a second. Also, usually when I'm at the computer, that is when the kids ask to use it for homework, or they knock on my door and wake up Katharine. The computer Corey got for the kids a years ago hasn't worked for years, I don't know why. Also, when I try to blog and I go to add photos, the google photos thing says it can't find them, so then I have to upload the pictures via my phone. The kids are also always asking for my phone so they can check Instagram, or to send themselves pictures, or so they can listen to music... Here's one Lily sent to herself, I don't know why. 

I get it, it's funny and cute, but I struggle with all the requests. I think I'm going to just start saying "No." Those are all my blogging problems. It could also be just because the days are passing by too quickly. Sister Beck said there would be days like this (I put in bold): 

A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all of the people or do all of the worthy things her heart yearns to do. Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important. A good woman must constantly resist alluring and deceptive messages from many sources telling her that she is entitled to more time away from her responsibilities and that she deserves a life of greater ease and independence. But with personal revelation, she can prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently.

The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life.

That's from her April 2010 talk "And upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit", which is one of my favorites. I do not think I am not currently tempted by feelings of needing or wanting more time away from my responsibilities. I've gotten pretty good, I think, at not having a life of ease. Corey and I work hard and are usually giving 100%, and I think we've both come to enjoy the hard work. It's quite rewarding! I would like more time though. If only I didn't need to sleep. Then I could start getting ahead maybe! I definitely have enough to do that I should probably not be farming caterpillars, but alas, I have been doing that. Seems like instead of bringing them all inside and then bringing milkweed inside, that God already had it worked out for all of that to happen outside? What!?! Hmm... interesting. I do like letting the kids see it, but most of them have gotten their fix of caterpillars and don't care that much at the moment for this side hobby of mine. They do like to see the butterflies when they emerge and all the work has been done. Then they like to come and see. It's like the little red hen - they want the bread without helping plant, harvest, mill, knead, or bake it. But that's ok, cause I like sharing my bread/caterpillars with my kids, cause I think it makes them in awe of God, cause the whole creation of the metamorphosis process is super crazy amazing! 

That's a pic I took of Natalie to send to a neighbor as I was trying to get people to lighten my load share the joy. So we have like 17 chrysalides right now and over 40 caterpillars (I haven't even been trying to count them this year, we're just counting final butterflies. I have given quite a few away, should probably give away more... Maybe I'll offer them to the kids' teachers at school. 

But I shouldn't focus on the problems and obstacles, right?! I need to focus on what to do - how to solve them, and then work at that. So a few wins - yesterday I invited some friends to a salad night with our neighborhood church ladies, and they BOTH said they're coming! So that was good. I also have family pictures scheduled for Saturday evening. Hyrum and Mel took the car today to run errands and get ready for school, and I'm using it tomorrow morning to go clothes thrifting to find stuff for pictures. We're thinking of going for this look - 

What else... I've been doing probably too good with exercising. Today Corey and I rode up the quarry trail. On our way home, Owen was at the bus stop. 

It was 8:30 and he was ready and claiming his spot at the first kid in line. He was the only one there (they mark their place with their backpacks). I think, thankfully, that he did wait at home until 8:20 to leave, so it was only a 20 minute wait for the bus, which is an improvement from last week when he and Daniel left at the same time that Natalie did when she left at 8 for Safety patrol. That made them have a 40 min wait! I think they were a little excited for the first week of school. 

After our ride, Corey got ready for work and I did this Fit Test with Hyrum. It's my 4th week doing that. Good workout. I could/should probably spent less time exercising and do more stretching. Wes and I still take cold showers. I think, if I remember, I'll try again to keep it simple by sharing important events and funny moments, and BeReals for the college kids. Here is a recent BeReal of Ethan's, similar to his other BeReals for the past two weeks because of a certain someone standing close to him. You might have noticed her from the picture at the airport on Friday. This is Bella. Ethan is pretty smitten. The airport was the first time we all met her. She seems awesome! We wish you luck Eth!


Last cute thing from today: Katharine learned how to give kisses tonight. 
That's right Katharine! Pucker up your lips! Squeeze in those cheeks!
We were all laughing, it was so adorable. 
Video of Wes stealing her away
Wes was doing some push ups in the kitchen for some reason, and then K saw him and she started to do push ups too, but hers didn't look like push ups and we were all laughing. Trying to get her to do it again for the camera, it was funny. (I have <--that video unlisted but you should be able to see it with the link. I just don't want that one public on youtube.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...