Monday, August 21, 2023

First Day of Elementary

Today was the first day of school for the elementary kids! These pictures courtesy of Mel -
Natalie is in 5th grade, her last year at Granite. Owen is in 3rd, and it was Daniel's first day of First Grade. 
They had a red carpet event for the incoming first graders. Wow! Hooray for the Class of 2035! 
A friend was there and sent me a video of the kids walking in. Yay Daniel, cute boy. I didn't get a pic of Natalie, she had safety patrol. I didn't get one of Owen either except for this one below - 
I passed out some school supplies to the little kids, and the girls came to take some of the mechanical pencils and stuff for themselves. I didn't get a picture of Abi and Lily last week on their "first day" but this was them this morning. And we'll call that good. 
I like doing back to school pics, but I didn't do great at them this year. Oh well, lucky for them I have lots of other pics of their life here. Little kids have backpacks out, touching up their hair. Another year of school, here we come. So now it's just Peter, Katharine, and me. I bought Peter a new coloring book and some new pens so he can do school stuff too. (Peter is left handed!)
Mel helped me made this poster for Hyrum. He comes home on Friday! Those two years went by faster than Josephs, Mel's and Ethans. I'm glad, I think, that it seems to go by quicker? But doesn't this poster look so good?! I was impressed at our mad skillz.
It's been nice having Mel here with me. On Sunday we made some brazilian rice and beans, and we were going to cook chicken but we still can't open our oven. Melodie started to write a song (with the help of Chat GPT) about how sad it was to have a broken oven. 
Mel kept Katharine at home and I took the girls to violin. First day of violin for the school year, it's our Monday schedule. Miss Amy is a great teacher. 
Peter was glad to go back to their basement - it's like a preschool nursery
At dinner tonight, Peter was doing staring contests with everyone. He was killing us all! Wes was amazed at little sweet Peter's ruthless staring abilities!
Taking on Owen from across the table...
Part of his winning strategy seemed to be a very tight neck and jutted chin. Ok Wes, you're up again! 
It also seemed to turn into a try not to laugh contest. Peter was the hands down all around winner. 

One other thing from this morning, when Corey and I went on a ride... so Corey's been telling me for a while that he thinks I ride my tires too low. Well, today I got a pinch flat when I went down the rocks and then straight down over the pipe on the 3rd bridge (not from trail or at an angle) and I think I must have gotten a flat there on the pipe, cause after coming that, something sounded and felt off and I think I tried to look but I know I promptly crashed. I didn't shred my skin except for on my right knee, hooray for my good pants for saving me. I would have/could have  gotten SO torn up if I was in shorts or a short sleeved shirt! I will NEVER not wear long pants and long sleeve shirts biking. I got some holes in them, ripped both of my shoes, and it HURT. Mostly banged up on my right side. Corey didn't see me fall, just saw me in a pile. So with my bike out of commission, he rode back to the car, which we had fortunately parked to the trailhead, and I walked back up to the third bridge where I was able to get to the road, and waited for him to come get me. We had parked at the trailhead to try and get home in time to see the kids for the first day of school - but since I crashed we missed them leaving. Anyway, I am officially sad and shaken and have just been laying on my bed. My fear says to stop going down the quarry trail and just go to Corner Canyon and do Ghost Falls. Oh my right shoulder hurts bad too, like I feel like I got in a car accident. Mel put some deep blue on it and her barely rubbing it hurt pretty bad, I need a massage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...