Saturday, August 5, 2023

One More Cake

Today was our last day at Park City. We left around 3pm and I am feeling unfulfilled with how it ended. We didn't do all the trails that I had hoped. There were a few days of rain, but it's also cause Corey woke up not feeling well, and Katharine has been sick for a few days... I couldn't be selfish and leave sick Corey to care for sick Katharine and all the other kids while I went biking, so I didn't go, and thus am feeling kinda bummed. I'm sad that we didn't go up to Guardsman and do Scotty's Bypass, and that we didn't take MidMountain down at all this week either. I think I could go biking all day and not get tired of it. I'm feeling a bit conflicted wondering what is the purpose of life. I guess I am sometimes a little satisfied after a ride, but if I could go longer I would. If I didn't have anything to come back to, I'd be out there all day. So I guess it's good I have a family to care for, or I'd just recreate all the time and would probably turn into a self centered person. Sigh. So here we are back home. Owen's birthday was last week, but we were busy with the funeral, and gone all this week, so today Owen's extended birthday celebration had it's final hurrah with a cake and more presents from my mom. She got a fancy "8" candle, and something fun about that - 

It was a sparkler!!
Owen was excited to have new Pokemon cards ~
And a Pokemon shirt
Happy birthday Owen. He's been a good sport. I'll try to follow his example. I will strive to not let my unsettled feelings about biking ruin the upcoming week or make me resentful as I tend to the sick people around here. 
Realmoji from Peter to Mel today before we left Park City, he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...