Friday, August 25, 2023

Welcome Home Hyrum!

Today was a happy day! Hyrum has returned home from his mission! Yay! 
I walked into the greeting room where I could see through a glass window past the security gate, so I was the first to see him coming, and I tried to run back to tell everyone! The little boys were watching and all ran to him. 
That was cute. One of the best moments there. Hugs around for everyone. 
And Hyrum meeting Katharine for the first time! 
She did pretty good!
And a BeReal! I'm sure Hyrum's siblings will let him know all the apps he needs to get now that he's back in the young and modern crowd.

Thank you to the nice gentlemen that took that photo so that Bella could join us in the picture! We'll give details on that later, but Bella is the name of that pretty girl in Ethan's arms. More details to come!

Right after picking up Hyrum, he wanted to go see JeNeal's graveside. He said "I know she would have been there to see me if she could, so seems appropriate..." 
Hyrum was tearful on the drive over. I'm sure just a ton of emotions to deal with coming home today - saying goodbye to the mission life, meeting Katharine for the first time, hugging Grandpa without JeNeal there, it's a lot.
I had food and treats prepared at home (took this pic of Peter and Katharine on our trip to Costco for party food - cuties!) -
...so we came home for dinner instead of going out - which we hoped would be a bit less expensive, but would also be better for visiting. Sit down dinner, oh yeah, go me. 
The Stake President came over to release Hyrum at 4. 
I'm glad Hyrum was watching the clock, cause all of a sudden it was 3:55, so we hurried and cleaned the front room!
And then we all celebrated with ice cream cones after. 
Katharine liked that. 
Playing Compatability, to see if Ethan and Bella are more compatible than Hyrum and Wes, or Mel and Natalie!
Hyrum passed out gifts that he brought from San Diego. Swords and legos for his little brothers, jewelry for his sisters, a lovely framed picture of the San Diego Temple for me. 
We're so happy that he is safely back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...