Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Abi Set Apart

Last night Abi went up the canyon to get some mission photos taken, because the hour of her mission is here!

She arranged all by herself to get these photos taken by a friend and with some friends. AND bought her own Panama flag somewhere!
I guess it was an event for her and her friends last night - one last time to take photos together. 
Well, they also had a "last" swim party today from 1-5. They probably took more pics there. I'll see if she sends me some of those. 
Looks like she took two different outfits to wear. This one looks very Maria Von Trapp to me. Abi is off to be a governess!
Abi and her bestie Tara.
Tara is assigned to Samoa & American Samoa for her mission. 
Friends saying goodbye - soon there will be an ocean between them.
So they are cute, good job getting cute photos taken Abi.
Ok, so there are all the pics that she sent me. Then after their swim party today, Corey picked her up (I dropped her off to get a ride with Tara so I could have the car and go to the rec center to swim). Abi came home to be set apart as a missionary at 7pm. The stake President gave some counsel and advice. 
Then she was set apart. I did voice to text for that, I haven't read it yet but I sent it to Abi if she wants it for her mission journal and personal records. Shaking hands with the men in the circle - Pres Salisbury, Corey, Corey's dad and my dad, Hyrum and Christian. 
Something cute - as the men were standing up before the blessing to set apart, Daniel stood up too and was stepping toward the circle to participate. You'll be there soon enough, but not yet Daniel. He smiled and sat back down. After Pres Salisbury left, we all ate some sourdough and visited. Crazy that the exciting day is finally here. So Abi will be doing Home MTC here (not at Wayne's, cause Hyrum is staying there. The plan is to be here unless it gets a bit impossible to work with interruptions from siblings, we'll see how it goes) and then she flies to Mexico on August 14 to attend the Mexico MTC and finish her training there for 6 - 8 weeks. Here are the entries of when the other kids were set apart: Joseph, Melodie, Ethan, Hyrum, and Wesley

So today we cleaned up so the house would be presentable for the stake president, and that was about it, other than me spending too much recreating. Sauna for 30 min, swim for 60 and some LeoMoves stuff. Oh, this morning Corey and I both went to the temple too. He went to Draper for a session at 7. I'm trying to get prepped for the school year, so I did 5am initiatories at Jordan River and then was going to go swim, but came home cause I grabbed my swim bag but my swimsuit wasn't in it. Then, instead of going to the gym, I drove up the canyon and went on a little hike up to the ruins where I spent an hour+ puttering around. I crossed the bridge and went to the top of the ridge there south of the ruins. It was steep. 
It was very pretty from the top, but I was a little nervous I'd come across some wild animals (moose, bear, or mountain lion) that thought they were safe from humans in that back valley, so I just looked and then turned around to come back down. It was fun. I'm working on making little piles of stones so I can cross the creek in an easier spot rather than climbing across the logs by the ruins. That's my little fun project up there that I worked on yesterday and today instead of resting and meditating at my secret spot. I'm moving rocks for no good reason, just playing. I guess I've got the same play in me that my dad has. Maybe kinda pointless, but it's fun and probably good for our souls to have some childlike play. I did have the thought that if my kids were up here working on making a path across the river, I'd think that was a great activity. So yeah, I'm just up there being a kid in my adult way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...